Tyson0317
Blank page troubleshooting help.
  • 2008/5/20 19:04

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/21

Hi guys,

I run a server with a few XOOPS pages on it. I am setting up a new one and am having the evil blank screen when going to the main page. What is happening is that my custom theme is not working. When I use the "default" theme, everything works fine. When I switch to another theme, I get blank page.

I used the write-up for cloning and modifying the default theme found at:https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=212 For now, I have not modified anything, just the clone of the default theme is not working.

I have used this write-up successfuly in the past with other XOOPS sites on this server (same versions of everything) and it worked without a problem...

I turned on PHP debugging and got the following:

Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\include\functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\kernel\configitem.php line 103
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\kernel\configitem.php line 103
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\kernel\configitem.php line 97
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\kernel\configitem.php line 100
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\kernel\configitem.php line 97
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\kernel\configitem.php line 100
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\include\functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\class\module.textsanitizer.php line 259
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\class\module.textsanitizer.php line 259
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\class\xoopsblock.php line 191
Warning [PHP]: Smarty::include(C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/nw3s/templates_c\%%47^473^473B086C%%theme.html.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1248
Warning [PHP]: Smarty::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/nw3s/templates_c\%%47^473^473B086C%%theme.html.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nw3s\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1248

Things to note: My templates_c folder does not have a file %%47... Also, it calls on a path of C:\php5\pear -- I do not have a php5 directory, my php is installed in C:\php

Another more serious problem is that I accidently left the site in the broken template when I clicked off the admin page, so now I cannot get back into the admin page because it tells me that I am not signed in...

I am running IIS 6, MySQL 4.1, PHP 5.1.2 and XOOPS 2.0.13.2.

Please help!

Anonymous
Re: Blank page troubleshooting help.
  • 2008/5/20 19:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

Doeshttp://www.yoursite.com/user.php display properly?

If so does it behave properly and log you in?

If you can get logged in, doeshttp://www.yoursite.com/admin.php take you to the admin panel?

Tyson0317
  • 2008/5/20 19:27

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

User.php loads a blank page with the same debuging as posted above. Going to admin.php, it says,

You don't have the right to access this area
If the page does not automatically reload, please click here

And then it throws me back to index.php, which is broken...

stefan88
  • 2008/5/20 19:42

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

do you have template_c folder? Does it writable by XOOPS (CMOD 777)?

about this
Quote:
Another more serious problem is that I accidently left the site in the broken template when I clicked off the admin page, so now I cannot get back into the admin page because it tells me that I am not signed in...

do you have phpmyadmin or something like it (to edit the database)?
If Yes, then you need to edit your PREFIX_config table (where PREFIX is the prefix you selected during your XOOPS install), and find record where conf_name is theme_set ==> edit the conf_value to default

Tyson0317
  • 2008/5/20 19:52

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

I am on Windows, so 777 does not mean much to me. However, that means that the IUSR_ user has read/write rights, correct? If so, then yes.

I dont have PHPMyAdmin, but I can just re-create the site... Is there a write-up on all the permissions that should be in place for XOOPS to work in Windows?

Thanks,

T

DobePhat
  • 2008/5/25 4:59

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Make sure that the folders
templates_c
Cache and
Uploads do NOT have read only checked on the folder at all.

that should make sure generally.

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits