preachur
XM-MEMBERSTATS Problems.... Any Fixes?
  • 2008/5/2 3:07

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

First, the installation script will not work on sites running protector. Protector thinks that the script is an F5 attack. Second, there is a SQL injection vulnerability in this module that I haven't found a fix for anywhere. Third, I can't find any updated versions of this module after version 2.0. Has it ever been updated? Four and finally: This module has the best block available for "who's online" and member stats, but on the current version of XOOPS it thinks everyone is a member, even anonymous guests. Any suggestions to any of these problems? Thanks!
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

preachur
Re: XM-MEMBERSTATS Problems.... Any Fixes?
  • 2008/5/3 5:19

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Unfortunately none of my experimentation has worked. It seems to work fine on 2.0.17, but shows all visitors as "members" on 2.0.18.1

Too bad. It seems this module is becoming obsolete. It would appear from the disarray on it's parent site that nothing is being done to update it.

beeblebrox
  • 2008/5/3 10:31

• beeblebrox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/2 1

Another problem with this module is that it is really, really heavy on database queries. If you have a site with a lot of users online it can really increase the load a lot (although maybe caching the block for a short period would help).

script_fu

I like Dugris mods myself. All we need to do is add some icons to them.

Peekay
  • 2008/5/3 12:16

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:

preachur wrote:

Too bad. It seems this module is becoming obsolete.

I agree. But the thing that bothers me about this (as always) is that something changed in XOOPS - NOT the module.

So what was it?

More to the point, were module developers made aware of the change(s) and given any guidance on how to upgrade their code?

If module developers can't be bothered to keep up to date it is sad, but the question of what exactly changes with each new version of XOOPS and how much the core devs do to help module developers accomodate those changes remains a mystery, to me at least.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

trabis
  • 2008/5/3 16:11

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
Quote:

preachur wrote:

Too bad. It seems this module is becoming obsolete.

I agree. But the thing that bothers me about this (as always) is that something changed in XOOPS - NOT the module.

So what was it?

More to the point, were module developers made aware of the change(s) and given any guidance on how to upgrade their code?

If module developers can't be bothered to keep up to date it is sad, but the question of what exactly changes with each new version of XOOPS and how much the core devs do to help module developers accomodate those changes remains a mystery, to me at least.

The problem is not with XOOPS here. This module uses $HTTP_SERVER_VARS (deprecated) and works only with globals on meanig that in a default php5 instalation it will not work correctly.

Changes has been made, and a more extensive list of IP-ranges added (so IP to country is now more acurated).

I´ll release this fixed module very soon. Maybe today.
Thanks.

preachur
  • 2008/5/3 23:35

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

YAY! I am very happy to hear a new release is coming. This is a brilliant module that improves the look and functionality of Xoops-based sites. Thank you so much for this good news.

trabis
  • 2008/5/4 0:52

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

This was not to be my first module but here it goes:

http://code.google.com/p/xuups/downloads/list

I have changed xmemberstats to membership. It seems it was the original name.

A database has been added for hosting the IP to country list. It is a big database but now the results are more acurated for the online block.
I minimized the number of queries needed.
If you have 100 users online will have one query for getting IP to country list instead of 100.
Anyway, the script will take more time to run if you have 100 online than 4 or 5.
As for the index page I have fixed some bugs related with globals, server vars and pagination. Latter I will have to rewrite the index page to use templates and the pagination class provided by xoops.

I have tested this block in a php5 enviroment. You can see it running athttp://www.xuups.com

If you notice some bug or want to do a feature request you should use this forum because xuups is running in test mode and you may have troubles using it.

I have another modules on target. Stay tuned!

beeblebrox
  • 2008/5/4 1:49

• beeblebrox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/2 1

Quote:
If you have 100 users online will have one querie for getting IP to country list instead of 100.

Cool, big improvement. I had to dump this module previously because my ISP kept shutting down my site for overloading their MySQL server!

preachur
  • 2008/5/4 8:45

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Beautiful work. Everything now functions perfectly. Thanks Trabis!

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits