eugenia
xHelp email notifications
  • 2008/3/20 17:28

• eugenia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/17

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to set up xHelp email notifications? I've set up an email for each department and then pasted the *nix cron given in the instructions but nothing happens.

It's driving me mad.

Any suggestions. I think i might be doing something wrong at the cron stage as i've never used this before.

Thanks!!!!

benjy000
Re: xHelp email notifications
  • 2008/4/2 19:52

• benjy000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/25

I have the exact same problem. Nobody's able to help me and I can't find support. Let me know if you ever find out what's wrong!

Peekay
  • 2008/4/2 20:39

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Sadly, Xhelp is a 'dead' module. No longer supported and I suspect a little too complex for anyone else to adopt and develop further (no-one has up to date anyway).

As benjy000 suggests, if you find a solution please post it here so others may benefit.

Unless it is staffed 24/7, email notification of ticket updates is critical for monitoring a help desk. Sadly, I could not get that function to work either. New ticket yes, ticket updates no.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

eugenia
  • 2008/4/21 15:13

• eugenia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/17

Never got a notification for this reply. What's going on with me and notifications????!!

Anyway, the module did get to work eventually for no particular reason.

Yesterday I had the very bad idea of re-installing the module and I'm back to square one.

I'm getting professional help to solve this problem as, as you well mention, yes, tickets are an important part of running a business these days.

Anything helpful i will post here.

Best,

eugenie

Login

Who's Online

95 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 95

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits