wwwdot
Suddenly admins can't access admin area!
  • 2008/3/5 16:06

• wwwdot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/9 1

Hi! I've had my church's website up for a couple of months (www.brooksidefellowship.org), but all of a sudden, for no reason, I can't get into the administration area! All four people designated as "webmasters" (mysql user rank of 7) are not able to get into admin areas. Any ideas as to why this would happen, and what to do??? I haven't changed a thing!

I tried going into the database to see if the permissions were reset incorrectly, but everything there looks fine, as far as I can see... Can anyone help me?

I'm using: XOOPS v 2.0.17
MySQL v5
phpMyAdmin - 2.10.0.2

Thanks so much!

Francine

hervet
Re: Suddenly admins can't access admin area!
  • 2008/4/4 17:56

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Any error message may be ?

Bender
  • 2008/4/4 21:42

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

The Rank is completely unimportant. Its just optical.

You need to verify that your users still have the groupmembership in the admin group.
The groupid for webmasters is "1" as you can see if you browse the table (your_db_prefix)_groups.

Now in the (your_db_prefix)_users table lookup which uid your previous admins have.
(most likely your first user with uid 1 is an admin)

With the knowledge of the userid of one of your admins you can finally look into the table _groups_users_link.

The table linking your users to a group is (your_db_prefix)_groups_users_link. So if you browse that one you should see an entry like

linkid [size=x-small](any number)[/size] groupid [size=x-small]1[/size] uid [size=x-small]1[/size] (or the uid of the user you are looking for)

e.g. [size=x-small]6 1 1[/size] would mean that the sixth entry in the list(unimportant) defines group 1 (webmasters) to include user 1 (first created user of your site)

If that doesnt help as hervet said please provide an error message. Also you could turn on debugging with an admin user. Search the faq on how to do that.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

skenow
  • 2008/4/4 23:00

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I've had a few exchanges with wwwdot, but she hasn't replied, lately, so I'm not sure what her situation is right now.

Bender
  • 2008/4/4 23:27

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Har Har very funny ... i did not check the date of the OP.

I would guess Hervet did neither
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits