Links on Xoops main site dont work
  • 2008/2/6 5:15

• Veranika

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/6 5

Kindly give me correct links to:
1. Video instruction material learning to work with xoops;
2. Written manuals for xoops.
3. Can XOOPS work with Joomla without major effort? If yes, plse tell me what to do to integrate it with a Joomla setup.
4. I really like the swiftness of Xoops' operation. Thanks to all the people who made it ...

Best wishes

wishcraft
Re: Links on Xoops main site dont work

Well of all the CMS XOOPS is the most powerful and also one of the only ones that does templating, my friend that runs www.spraci.com whom used dupal is finding there are to many SQL Injections with his server now he is in his 10th year and having over 15000 people come to his site daily.

Joomla for example is FULL of security flaws, it will infact on many service (hosting) be disabled by the hostmaster due to this. And is not recommended.

Joomla is a similar thing to Xoops, a CMS (Content Management System). See with XOOPS you can cache your system so it reduced MySQL Queries and speeds up performance, also with XOOPS the more people you have at the site the quicker it performs.

They do not work together as they are competiting platforms, but out of the too I tell you which one i use, and i have been programmer sites before HTML even existed (Aggghh Gopher).. XOOPS.

The XOOPS site has been undergoing some server restructing and maintenance to the code libraries, i appologies for any inconvience this has cause or possible result in your consider an inferior CMS.

To get reading material and books on XOOPS check out www.amazon.com there is a good short manual there for around 24.95 that i supply most of my clients.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Veranika
  • 2008/2/8 1:27

• Veranika

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/6 5

Thanks for ur reply.
1. Can u plse tell me of some of these security flaws in Joomla?
2. I will go w XOOPS (but some Rockettheme joomla templates are so BEAUTIFUL! Oi...)if there is a good Directory type addon/script available to work with it (since the planned site will be a big directory. It needs to have similar functions to the Joomla JoomReviews program.
3. Also, is there a similar program to Joomla's iDevaffiliate? It runs a good affiliate program.
4. Ah, by the way, i struggle to upload the avatar despite the fact that the dimensions are ok of my pic; is this a general problem?
5. What is ur opinion on "MyPage" program? Can it work w Xoops?
Best wishes

Veranika
harvester0@googlemail.com

wishcraft

1. Well when I was reviews the comments made by my hosting provider (Www.solidinternet.com) they made a comment that Joomla mailing classes where not secure and where being exploited to send spam.

Also recently I spoke with a lady that ran a fashion business, and the shop on joomla, unfortunately the prices seemed to change themselves.. This was because she was being hacked..

Umm, I don't know much about Joomla or the modules for it but they are NOT compatible with Xoops..

If you want there are plenty of design companies for XOOPS that can make a theme for you.. A good company would be someone like www.xoopsdesign.com - ana there makes some nice themes, they take a bit of massaging into place some of the smarty needs to be changed to get it working however they offer some crisp design and can make a custom theme for you for around 150

If you are not a programmer then you may have to hire one either way.. I like many other people are available on ad hoc basis see my wiki Wishcraft

3. There is a module called smartpartner that works for affilates and partners from www.smartfactory.ca

4. What here or XOOPS in general, current this domain is being and having maintenance done to it so all the feature are not working... Try my domain www.chronolabs.org.au you will notice it works fine.

5. is MyPage a Joomla Extension, then I would not know there is something called SmartProfile that works for this sort of thing.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

mjoel
  • 2008/2/8 3:12

• mjoel

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/12/9

typo ...should behttp://www.xoopsdesign.com

xoops is still the best

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits