RiazShahid
My Webiste is showing a blank page

Hello All!
My site was working fine. But now it shows a blank page on the index page. There is no error message or so. And the site is not down as well. As Cpanel and other things are opening fine, but the top page is blank and any other page is not opening as well. I am very much confused what to do...plz. help.
We are using XOOPS 2.0.16
Thanks

Quest
Re: My Webiste is showing a blank page
  • 2008/1/9 13:15

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Have you recently installed a new module or made a change to your theme etc?

Try to login as administrator at
hxxp://www.your_xoops/user.php

Go into administration/system/preferences/general-settings and turn on Debug PHP then click okay and try to return to your homepage to see if it reports any errors.

Quest

RiazShahid

Thanks a lot for your answer. When I open the user page, the page open 100% correct, but when I login it again shows a blank page.
I am using a smart section and 3 clones of smart section (products, knowledge and guide given by smart factory), I made a mistake that I wrongly replaced the functions.php of all the 3 modules (in include folder), by functions.php file of knowledge module ( I uploaded the same file to other modules too).
But I am not sure that this is the reason for this issue. Please advise further. Thanks for the assitance

stefan88
  • 2008/1/9 15:19

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

after loging in at xoopsurl/user.php go to xoopsurl/admin.php. If you can't, try to enable phpdebug mode in mysql:

use myPHPAdmin to change in "XXXX_config" table, where XXXX is the value of XOOPS_DB_PREFIX in mainfile.php (default is "xoops") the record where conf_name='debug_mode', so that conf_value=YYYY where YYYY (Debug Mode) is:

0, for Off
1, for PHP Debug
2, for MySQL/Blocks Debug
3, for Smarty Template Debug

or execute SQL command:

UPDATE XXXX_config SET conf_value=YYYY WHERE conf_modid=0 AND conf_catid=1 AND conf_name='debug_mode'

and look for errors (inore notices).

(here is the FAQ:https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=79)

RiazShahid

Thanks...
Error is as follows:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare knowledge_isxoops22() (previously declared in /home3/mysite/public_html/modules/smartsection/include/functions.php:16) in /home3/mysite/public_html/modules/knowledge/include/functions.php on line 15

Now how to resolve it?
I tried to deactivate the knowledge module but its still the same error?
I don't want to loose the data of smart section, will I have to deactivate that module too? Will the data be lost?

Will_H
  • 2008/1/9 17:41

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

As long as your database is intact you can do whatever you want with the modules. I suggest you make a backup of your database before going any farther. Then deactivate the modules 1 by 1 until the site comes back.

Another solution which may get your page back more quickly, in admin preferences set "module as start page" to "none" If this solves your problem you know which module is bugging out on you.

RiazShahid

Actually starting page is already set to "None".... and thanks for your advice, I modified my thread, u too plz. modify the link
Thanks

stefan88
  • 2008/1/9 17:53

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

probaly you put the same functions.php file in both smartsection and knowledge. Not shure about that, but maybe they should be diferent. If you have an old backup of files, you may recover the corect files from there. You can ask at smartfactory web site.

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with their cloning ...

RiazShahid

Thanks all..... its resolved now.....the problem was in functions.php of the smartsection

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits