netguerrilla
Getting a fatal error after installation

Everyone -

After what appears to be a successful installation of XOOPS version 2.0.18, I'm getting the following error -

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /path_to_files_on_1and1/htdocs/uncledrickel/header.php on line 35

The site I'm attempting to access ishttp://www.uncledrickel.com

I've read the XOOPS FAQs about this issue. I then called my host (1and1.com) about it and they told me I could follow their FAQ instructions on the topic. I did that.

I've installed a PHP.INI file and the Zend optimizer file in both the root folder and the domain folder (per 1and1).

I don't understand what the issue is here. I installed XOOPS 2.0.16 this summer in another domain (same provider) and had no issues whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this aggravating issue.

Rick Smith

phppp
Re: Getting a fatal error after installation
  • 2008/1/3 3:30

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Need more information to analyze your problem.
Have you set folder/file write permissions?

script_fu

Somebody edit this persons post and take out the path to his account on 1&1. This is not secure you can PM them and explain.

Catzwolf
  • 2008/1/3 7:45

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

It seems that you have a load of files missing, upload the package again and reinstall XOOPS or check that the path supplied in mainfile.php is correct.

Also check that htaccess is not forbidding access to some folders/documents required by Xoops.

Catz

netguerrilla

phpp -

>Need more information to analyze your problem.

I'll be happy to provide any info you require.

>Have you set folder/file write permissions?

I didn't know I had to set any write permissions. The XOOPS installer indicated that all permissions were set correctly. Plus I double checked the permissions on the folders mentioned in the XOOPS installation document.

Are there some I don't know about? I don't remember having to manually set any permissions when I installed 2.0.16 back in July.

Thanks.

Rick

netguerrilla

script_fu -

Quote:

Somebody edit this persons post and take out the path to his account on 1&1. This is not secure you can PM them and explain.

I edited my own post. The path is no longer there. Thanks for pointing this out.

Rick

netguerrilla

Catz -

Quote:

It seems that you have a load of files missing, upload the package again and reinstall XOOPS or check that the path supplied in mainfile.php is correct.

Also check that htaccess is not forbidding access to some folders/documents required by Xoops.

Catz

Hmmm. Ok. Good ideas. I'll do everyone of those things.

Thanks for the assistance.

Rick

zuluDROOG
  • 2008/9/28 3:54

• zuluDROOG

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/18

I've just had this same Fatal Error problem with header.php (line 35) on one of our sites after re-locating it.

First thing I did was come here and search like mad to find a solution. Nothing I found helped. Then after I stopped crying I sat down to clear my head. ...

Of course, it was a user error. When I had REM'd out the Protector stuff in mainfile.php I had also accidentally REM'd out the lines IN BETWEEN (Protector users will know what I am talking about here). A closer inspection of mainfile.php also revealed a path error with protector too (that would have caused errors later).

So ALWAYS double check your mainfile.php for errors again and again. If you still have problems then try re-creating a new mainfile.php file from the mainfile.dist.php that you will also find in your web root (this FORCES you to THINK about every entry).

Hope this helps someone else one day who is searching like mad.

PS. Another really stoOpid mistake that took me ages to work out: I also forgot to add the MySQL user to the MySQL database. But that's another story.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 158

vamptrix,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!