Catzwolf
WF-Channel v2.00b RC Released
  • 2007/12/19 4:41

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

WF-Channel V2.00b RC
WF-Resources V1.00

This version of WF-Channel is the final release candidate to iron out any remaining bugs, errors and final changes before a full production version.

This version has changed massively compared to the previous version and much of the code base has been split and moved into a separate module, but rather than a massive jump with the version number I have decided to increment it by one value instead.

WF-Resource is a WF-Framework (sorry about this) and will be used by many or the newer modules currently being written at this moment. This will help keep module sizes down and easier to update in the future. I normally hate frameworks, as most of this should be core but I have had no choice if i wish to progress further with the WF-Modules.

Information
What is WF-Channel?

WF-Channel is a module to display ‘Misc’ pages on your website. This module is not a replacement for a content module, though it could be easily
used as such if required.

WF-Channel can also display a 'Link to US' and 'Refer' pages.

WF-Channel Change log

=> version 2.00b RC
===============
- Added: Clone, save, and delete now update page permissions now. So if you clone an item the previous page permission are copied over.
- Removed: Removed the Cache folder as it is no longer required.
- Added: Main menu style block to blocks list.
- Added: View icon in Page list in admin area, user can now view any page via this method.
- Added: DHTML calendar within the refers admin area. Users can view refers sent by date rather than one great big list.
- Added: Added micro button to 'Link to Us' page.
- Added: Added the ability to add group permission while editing page.
- Added: Added pull down menu for page navigation, this allows you to dynamically change the amount of pages/refers shown on the page.
- Added: Added the ability to popular bookmark sites.
- Added: Added the ability to Bookmark pages.
- Added: Added the ability to print pages.
- Added: Added the ability to render PDF files.
- Added: Added the ability to view Refers in the admin area.
- Added: Added the ability to ban IP address from using the refer system.
- Added: Added legend to page and refers page.
- Fixed: Fixed missing language constants in admin menu.
- Fixed: Fixed Page content to stop displaying 'space at the top of content' when [pagebreak] is used.
- Fixed: Fixed page layout, menu top and bottom did not display correctly.
- Fixed: The admin menu was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed: Group Permission for pages was not working correctly.
- Fixed: Fixed issues with the updater and should work correctly.
- Fixed: Deleting paged caused an error, stating page does not exist. Now Corrected.
- Fixed: Captcha salt issue that could prevent emails being sent.
- Fixed: Image selection within the module.
- Fixed: Captcha not working without GD library now. Will only show if GD library is installed.
- Fixed: Image selection in Page form not allowing for ‘no’ image selection.
- Changed: Removed old edit, delete, and clone and view icons to newer versions.
- Changed: icons now use PNG format rather than gif. If you are still using a browser that cannot process alpha images, then upgrade.
- Changed: Removed the previous method of selecting images, now uses a xoopsform style class for better functionality
This method also allows for using 'image manager' for storing files. This will be introduced in the next version.
- Changed: Now using own handler function rather than XOOPS handler function for better usage.
- Changed: Renamed all the ‘class’ files to use a prefix of class for proper naming convention.
- Changed: Moved class/php-captcha.inc.php and class/VeraMoBd.ttf to class/media/
- Changed: Renamed many/all functions and classes to use 'wfc' to prevent naming clashes with other modules.
- Changed: The ‘link to Us’ page has been changed to give a less than cluttered look.
- Changed: Moved Menu images to their own folder and deleted all blank.png images as they are no longer required.
- Changed: Image in page is no longer a required element.
- Changed: Images in html files are automatically updated to match imported html files.
- Changed: Html files can be anywhere on the server and just not in one folder.
- Changed: Changed the handler method for new block and now should be quicker than the previous version/s.
- Changed: Removed two hard coded language strings in Page Form.

Plus many more changes, bug fixes and additions.

Other Information
WF-Channel requires WF-Resource to function correctly. Just install this module like you would another and forget about it until you are required to update it.

Downloads
WF-Resource v1.00
WF-Channel v2.00b RC

Bugs, Fixes and stuff
I would urge you guys to post bugs, fixes and feature request etc here at the XOOPS forum for the time being, until I can get a proper website setup for WF-Projects.

Thanks

John

Will_H
Re: WF-Channel v2.00b RC Released
  • 2007/12/19 4:53

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

cats I definitely appreciate this. I installed the recent version tonight only to find that the captcha in refer section wasn't working, which was the whole reason i installed it. I will give this one a go.

Also... lmao, no way to use the current frameworks package? jk.

hervet
  • 2007/12/19 7:01

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

May I can suggest you to create your zip with the module's name (inside it) ?

Catzwolf
  • 2007/12/19 7:23

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Nah that would make it to easy for you guys. :-p

Seems my Zip software is playing up, will redo and upload again.

Catzwolf
  • 2007/12/19 7:27

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Ok, repackaged these modules so they have the module folder inside them and not the files.

Shine
  • 2007/12/19 8:14

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:
WF-Resource is a WF-Framework (sorry about this) and will be used by many or the newer modules currently being written at this moment.

Good to see you are still developing this nice piece of module. Nevertheless.... I 'hate' to see that this module now also needs its own framework, called resource, to run properly.
If this is going to happen with every module...I am not happy at all.
Sorry Catz, no offence but just needed to say this.

Grtz., Shine

Catzwolf
  • 2007/12/19 8:25

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Hiya Shine,

I honestly thought long and hard before doing this and came to the conclusion that I had no alternative but to go down this road. The core is so far behind with just about everything, that it is not true and the only way i could get everything I need for each module without making you download the same files over and over again, was to package them up into this 'resource' file.

You only need to install the resource module once and basically forget about it. All my modules from now on will be using this one 'module' and you won't have to keep reinstalling 'it' over and over again.

I could have packaged each module with all these different files and classes, but that would mean that your server would have used more space in the end.

Doing it this way means less work for me as the developer and that mean I get to spend more time actually creating new modules, rather than trying to update each and everyone one when required.

As I said, you just have to install it once and forget about it, unless there comes a time that is require for you to update it.

Sorry Shine, :)

Catz

giba
  • 2007/12/19 9:18

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Ok catz, i understand and agree.

giba
  • 2007/12/19 9:24

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Feature Request:

We can clone this module using something similar to D3Modules in the future?

Catzwolf
  • 2007/12/19 9:34

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

I will have a look at this for the future.

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits