script_fu
Not Safe or Recommended Module List! Are they Hackable?

/modules/xt_conteudo/admin/spaw/spaw_control.class.php
/modules/cjaycontent/admin/editor2/spaw_control.class.php
/modules/tinycontent/admin/spaw/spaw_control.class.php
/modules/xfsection/modify.php
/modules/icontent/include/wysiwyg/spaw_control.class.php

These modules have never been installed on my sites. Yet people are trying to access this? Looks like spaw is a problem? Is this correct?

Whats in your logs?

skenow
Re: Not Safe or Recommended Module List! Are the Hackable?
  • 2007/10/18 23:35

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

script_fu
Re: Not Safe or Recommended Module List! Are they Hackable?

I missed that one. I am on here all the time. Thats scary I wonder what else I have missed? Heck what about the rest of the public?

Hum where is the security page for xoops. There should be a block on the front of this site. With a link to all know security issues with XOOPS that can be solved. Date should be added to the report to give weight to the issue and how it was solved and when.

script_fu

I haven't looked in the drop down box in the news section in years. I forgot it was even there.

script_fu

There still should be a link to it on the front page thats says security.

MadFish
  • 2007/10/19 1:20

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Definitely, not very user friendly (I don't think I've ever noticed that before!). And an email alert to members when there's a security issue would help get people's sites patched quickly too.

script_fu

Yep the lost categories... Whats up with that? It shocked me when I found them! Where did they come from? lol

I do remember going thru what was there years ago. Never gave it any thought after that. I always turn that block off in my XOOPS sites its a waste of time and link directly to the cat.

skenow
  • 2007/10/19 2:40

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

script_fu wrote:
Yep the lost categories... Whats up with that? It shocked me when I found them! Where did they come from? lol

I do remember going thru what was there years ago. Never gave it any thought after that. I always turn that block off in my XOOPS sites its a waste of time and link directly to the cat.

Something to consider as the site is 'redesigned' (repurposed might be closer to the real need) - what to put on the main page?

Recent News - definitely, but need to look at the categories and how articles gain the spotlight. My perspective - I come here for the news about XOOPS and its development, and examples of how XOOPS is used. More important than the latest forum post is the information about XOOPS and what is relevant. From a marketing perspective, the recent news and spotlight does more to send people away than it does to attract.

Getting started - what do I need, where do I get it and what do I do next?

Navigation to the other things I might need - support, documentation, modules and themes. K.I.S.S.

snow77
  • 2007/10/19 4:19

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Quote:

Why use 5 content modules when 1 can do everything? Find a content module that's enough group permissions to do what you need and use categories to divide sections. Koivi and xoopseditors have worked well enough for what I've built. None is perfection but spaw in XOOPS isn't it.

BTW, SPAW should had been a word in your subject.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Bassman
  • 2007/10/19 5:32

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Quote:

snow77 wrote:
Quote:

Why use 5 content modules when 1 can do everything? Find a content module that's enough group permissions to do what you need and use categories to divide sections. Koivi and xoopseditors have worked well enough for what I've built. None is perfection but spaw in XOOPS isn't it.

BTW, SPAW should had been a word in your subject.

He didn't say he was using them. He said someone is looking for them on his site to exploit them to hack.

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits