sailjapan
Call for progress report from "site development team" and "Project Theme Team"

Could someone from the above teams let us know the 'State of Play' on the new x.o site, or point us to the location of such a report, please?

Thanks in advance.

Crip
comunity coordination team
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

sailjapan
Re: Call for progress report from "site development team" and "Project Theme Team"

Who exactly is on the "Site Development Team"? Does the team exist?

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

MadFish
Re: Call for progress report from "site development team" and "Project Theme Team"
  • 2007/9/2 0:43

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

If there is one, it would also be good to know if it is 'official' or not. The problem with 'community teams' at the moment is that they have no access to 'official resources' or support needed to do their job.

kc0maz
  • 2007/9/2 1:36

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
The problem with 'community teams' at the moment is that they have no access to 'official resources' or support needed to do their job.

What 'official' resources does what community team need?
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

skenow
  • 2007/9/2 1:49

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

MadFish
  • 2007/9/2 2:08

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Sorry I meant community teams in general (not the Community Team in particular).

As an example, the 'community' (ie. 'unofficial') docs team has no access to docs.xoops.org. As a result it is not possible for us to publish completed documents here where people can find them easily.

It would be good if the people doing the work could be entrusted with responsibility to manage it (we have offered several times), or at the very least, some kind of submission/review process needs to be established.

Thanks.

Edit: Overlapping post, but anyway I will leave it.

sailjapan

@skenow

Yes, the posts you link to are all good examples of things which were discussed the best part of three months ago.

The docs team has produced an excellent resource over at
http://xoopsdocs.net and I presume have at least had a hand inhttp://www.xoopswiki.org/
Both of these are great examples of truly useful and community created sites.

Did the docs team get rights to publish news?

What ever became of Tom's idea for a communication/news team? Seemed like an essential team... Did it ever get created? Where can we communicate with them?

Actually, what my original post in this thread was looking for, was the team responsible for dealing with the makeover of x.o.

I'm still at as loss to know who those responsible for that might be.

Once more, for the sake of clarification: In this thread, I'm looking to identify who is in charge of reconstructing the site here at xoops.org I'd like to hear a report on the last three months of their work from them and findout where and when changes are being proposed to be made.

Crip

debianus
  • 2007/9/3 9:08

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

The Comms and Doc Team was announced here.
For a short time could publish news in xoops.org and the Team started towork. Also The Team tried to maintain a good communication with local support sites with success.
But Tom`s permissions about publish news were removed; and in "Moving forward" was a new structure: the project and the community with separate sites, but that proposal is suspend.
When the new XOOPS Project Council was established (here) a new doc Team was established too and Design team assumes: design of *.xoops.org sites' themes; rebuilding of *.xoops.org sites; management of official theme site. It is the answer for your question.

Quote:
What ever became of Tom's idea for a communication/news team? Seemed like an essential team... Did it ever get created? Where can we communicate with them?

The initial Comms and Doc Team was in charge of: news, docs and prommotion but now can not publish news here, has not acces to xoops.docs.org and can not assume the prommotion. There is no communcations with local support sites now.
The Team works in xoopsinfo.com and xoopswiki.org...in spite of all the previous one.

sailjapan

thank you for the reminders, debianus.

Does anyone know how to contact studioC (Design team)?

Crip

aph3x
  • 2007/9/3 14:17

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

We the design team talk on google groups, see that studioC has a ICQ number in his member's profile and i sent him a mail with a link to this thread
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits