Re: Community Coordination Team
Our main priority is to provide the best service possible to our community. To that end, Moderators and Coordinators should endeavor to be pro-active in their dealings with users and stay informed on XOOPS development and procedures.
Moderators and Coordinators represent the XOOPS project, and we will often be the first 'official' contact many will have with the project. We want to portray a professional and business like attitude, even when our customers (users) don't. To that end here are a few guidelines.
• Treat Members and co-members and visitors with tolerance, understanding and upmost respect.
• Moderators and coordinators will not harass or personally assault while moderating the forum or while involved in XOOPS CMS business.
• Moderators even when not on duty must always show respect and pose them selves as ambassadors of XOOPS CMS as you represent our services and your actions have an impact on all Moderators and Coordinators and the community.
• Do not use profanity or slang.
• Always try and answer all questions with the best of your knowledge. If a question does arise that you are not know what the answer is of ask any other XOOPS CMS Project member for assistance. Be sure to follow up.
• Attend all mandatory meetings and read all development messages, this way you will stay up to date.
• XOOPS CMS Moderators and Coordinators are encouraged to chat in the discussion forums with members and enjoy your time.
• If a problem arises with a member and you’re not getting anywhere, yet the community member informs you that they will file a complaint against you, you must provide them with a contact e-mail address for the forum administrator. For this purpose you can have the community member PM me.
• All community members have the right to file a complaint on any XOOPS CMS Project member and all Moderators and Coordinators must provide the information requested for the appropriate department.
• Moderators and Coordinators MUST NOT give any information/usernames/passwords regarding any area of Xoops.com. This includes ftp/websites/sourceforge etc.
• Moderators and Coordinators must protect community members personal information, including e-mail address, and any other information you might be privileged to.
• The purpose of a Coordinator to open a topic is to collect information about a specific bug or issue, then use that same topic to provide the community with updates how the developer(s) are coming with the issue. Once the issues has been resolved, and the information has been documented. Then that topic should be closed by the Coordinator that opened it.
When a community member has a problem with the conduct of another community member, resolve the situation in the following manner:
• Address the issue, always in a professional manner and out of view of other community members.
• If the issue could not be resolved then talk to a senior member of the XOOPS CMS staff and ask for assistance or create a log in the ‘Moderator Complaint Procedures’ board.
• Moderators can warn community members for breach of forum conduct. When doing so please point out why they are receiving the warning and post a link into the forum post pointing to which area of conduct the community member has breached. All breaches of conduct and member warnings must be logged for future reference. Three warnings in a rolling 30 day time will result in being banned from the forums for 7 days. upon their return they will be place in a probationary status for 14 days, the next offense, will result in a 30 ban and a 60 day probation, with the next level being 180 day ban. These decisions will not be by a sole moderator or coordinator, we will make them as a group. With one exception:
•If a user is promoting or planning violent illegal activity (i.e. mass murder) that user is to be banned and the thread closed immediately by any moderator or coordinator. notify a system administrator and me immediately. Care must be taken to preserve the logs for law enforcement. Do not delete anything.
After consulting with a administrator or myself the moderator or coordinator may move the thread into a private area to keep it out of view of the public.
•Forums, topics, threads not relating to the XOOPS CMS, and have been inactive for 45 days are subject to being closed. Those topic relating to the XOOPS CMS and have been inactive for 60 days are subject to review, if the issue is no long valid, it will be closed.
• Moderator or Coordinator will NOT lock or remove a topic/post at the wish of a community member. All moderators are requested to politely remind the community member that unless a serious breach of conduct as occurs then you are not permitted to do such unless requested by an administrator.
With a few exceptions, these are only guidelines, there is no way to cover every possible situation. Use your best judgment, and if in doubt ask an administrator or myself.
Remember to stay professional, and keep conflicts out of public view.
We now represent the XOOPS CMS Project.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.