Xman04
Mylinks missing a colon
  • 2007/6/27 14:24

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

I'm using mylink for my link directory. There is a colon missing after "Category" in the title bar for each entry in the main index page.

For example, instead of correctly showing as "Category: Europe" it will show as "Category Europe". The colon is missing after the word Category.

I've looked in the language files, but cannot locate where the word "Category" is set for the entry displays, so that I can add the colon.

in2sci-fi
Re: Mylinks missing a colon
  • 2007/6/27 17:36

• in2sci-fi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/29

"Category" has a colon on line 36, but not on line line 79, of the modules\mylinks\language\english\main.php file in V1.10.

Xman04
  • 2007/6/27 20:19

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
"Category" has a colon on line 36, but not on line line 79, of the modules\mylinks\language\english\main.php file in V1.10.

I tried adding a colon to that line, but it has no effect.

Xman04
  • 2007/6/28 13:18

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

Well, this is a very strange bug. I've been able to successfully modify all of the names/labels from the following lines of code, except for "Category". When I modify "Category", the change does not show up (even though the changes show up for anything else I modify below).

define("_MD_DESCRIPTIONC","Description: ");
define("_MD_EMAILC","Email: ");
define("_MD_CATEGORYC","Category: ");
define("_MD_LASTUPDATEC","Last Update: ");
define("_MD_HITSC","Hits: ");
define("_MD_RATINGC","Rating: ");
define("_MD_ONEVOTE","1 vote");
define("_MD_NUMVOTES","%s votes");
define("_MD_RATETHISSITE","Rate this Site");
define("_MD_MODIFY","Modify");
define("_MD_REPORTBROKEN","Report Broken Link");
define("_MD_TELLAFRIEND","Tell a Friend");

Any changes I make to the word/label Category:, in define("_MD_CATEGORYC","Category: "), has no effect. Obviously, the main links index page (what the users see) is pulling the word "Category" from somewhere else, and there is no colon in it. Unfortunately, I can't add the colon, because I have no idea where it is pulling the name/label "Category" from.

I've also tried adding a colon to "Category" in the following block of code, but it has no effect either.

define("_MD_RANK","Rank");
define("_MD_CATEGORY","Category");
define("_MD_HITS","Hits");
define("_MD_RATING","Rating");
define("_MD_VOTE","Vote");
define("_MD_TOP10","%s Top 10"); // %s is a link category title

* All of this code originates in the main.php file located in the language/english directory.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on with this?

Alex_Grey
  • 2007/6/28 17:00

• Alex_Grey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/16

It could be the constant itself is already defined. Like the notification system.. it has $lang_category and that is probably where your problem is at. Thus the solution would be to change the language constant's name to something else for the links module (and adjust the template mylinks_link.html accordingly). or to disable notifications on the mylinks module. (of course there could also be other solutions.)

Hope That Helps.
“There is nothing impossible to him who will try.” ~Alex The Great~
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Xman04
  • 2007/6/28 17:54

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
It could be the constant itself is already defined. Like the notification system.. it has $lang_category and that is probably where your problem is at. Thus the solution would be to change the language constant's name to something else for the links module (and adjust the template mylinks_link.html accordingly). or to disable notifications on the mylinks module.

Thanks Alex! I turned off notifications (which I wasn't planning on using anyway), and now the colon is showing up. I never considered that it might be clashing with another constant somewhere else. Anyway, it is fixed! Thanks again!

Dave

Quest
  • 2007/6/29 0:46

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

The index file uses a call for the Latest Listings. The line you want to modify, I believe is actually in

language/english/main.php

define("_MD_LATESTLIST","Category:");

Quest

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits