bumciach
Logging user activity
  • 2007/6/25 12:23

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

Hello!
I have found XBS Logger. Is there any other solution for XOOPS to logging user activity? XBS Logger is very nice and simply to use module. But I need something more complex. I want to logging changes (old value -> new value) of records in specified tables in database. Of cours I can use also MySQL Binary Log, but I'm looking for something more simple and easy to view logs.

chippyash
Re: Logging user activity
  • 2007/6/25 15:20

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Hi

How you use XBS Logger is up to you. It is really (as you've probably found) a developer's tool. So if you want to log changes, simply log the before and after state of the record. More completely you need to save the before state of the record prior to editing (use a temporary store or a session variable perhaps depending on your requirements) and then do a diff after the edit commit and log just the field changes you need.

The bottom line is that Logger will log what you tell it to log - how you format the information string is entirely up to you. The basic display in Logger admin is well, erm, basic. To make it more meaningful for your particular application, you need to parse out the log info you stored and display it in a more human friendly way.

I hope that helps. If you need additional technical support, first check out teh API documentation that comes with logger and then perhaps check out the support site athttp://xoobs.net

limecity
Re: Logging user activity
  • 2008/5/26 4:26

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Can it log the username and their activities in a particular module? (smartsection)
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits