studioC
design team thread 19th june
  • 2007/6/19 7:40

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

To sum up in short what has already been said, tasks of our group with priority ONE will be [1] to train XOOPS theme- (and module-) designers and improve skills in any aspect, [2] to be responsible for the default themes shipped with XOOPS core releases and [3] to maintain the XOOPS theme repository.

Besides these tasks there are many topics which should be discussed, many ideas, visions and opinions I hear while talking with others, but let’s not start too many tasks at once. This was my personal fault in the past.

Here is the list of names of the group member:

DefianceB0y
incama
JMorris
kris_fr
Philou
sato-san
studioC

If I forgot someone, please let me know! If not done already, every group member should pm me her/his valid contact details. Thanks!

michael

studioC
Re: design team thread 19th june
  • 2007/6/20 18:56

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

following the idea of the core devs on sf, i thought it would be nice to have a chatroom online for the team.

http://xoopsdesign.campfirenow.com/

To team: Please send me a pm if not got an invitation !

skenow
  • 2007/6/20 19:49

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Might I also suggest you evaluate the current pages and templates with the core and included themes (at least the default) for W3C, xHTML and CSS validation?

studioC
  • 2007/6/21 5:16

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks you for this suggestion. Not a direct answer, but ... W3C, XHTM and CSS validation is priority ONE on my (personal) list! We will sure look into the themes you’ve mentioned …. But !!! … My personal opinion: NO!, it shouldn’t be a desigers/theme creators job to dig in the mood of templates and to rewrite all of them (not to offence anyone). In my vision, in the (mid-) long term there should not be a real need of modultemplates but smartys output we can use from the module. Today there is too much stuff in these templates (and too much events to make mistakes). While we are using a CMS, the modules output is the content and this should not be filled with layout or positioning stuff. Module Devs should take care of their modules to work and get the result they want, theme devs should take care how to display these results. Many theme creator fail to take care of all modules output. Today, many themes itself are already valid xhtml and css and eg. don’t abuse tables for positioning stuff, but when it comes to display “invalid” output of modules, the layout crashes or strange things are displayed which are not intended. We (theme creators) already have visions for some years now how things could be handled easier. It is time now to work on achieving these visions. But it will be a process … and there are things which have to be done before. … to calm down … There will be some additional templates for at least the “most used/wanted” modules, as far as I know today! still dreaming ... michael edit: perhaps i misunderstood the suggestion and I shoot to much on modultemplates ... CORE themes and templates will have prio1 on my list as said above

skenow
  • 2007/6/21 11:17

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Yes, I was pointing at the core and included themes.

See patch 1712443 and this post

Oh, and patch 1730229 and the changes to user.php, register.php and search.php to give them page titles

technigrafa

Curious,

Is there any plans to create a template for the register.php page? There have been many cases in which I needed to customize some things on that page, and without a template, I have to dig through PHP - yuk

As a side note, it would be nice if you could easily add/customize fields that were asked for on the register page...but perhaps that issue is best for another thread...

Also, I'm pretty keen on W3C compliance...I've rewrote many XOOPS module blocks to validate for our sites... any way I can help?

studioC
  • 2007/6/24 7:06

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

DefianceB0y
incama
JMorris
kris_fr
Philou
sato-san
studioC

added:

Daniel aka technigrafa [contact by pm]

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits