• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Modulename and version
Quote:
XBS CDM V1.52

Short description
Quote:

The Code Data Management module (or CDM) is a building block module that is aimed at assisting XOOPS business systems developers. It provides central management of core codes used by many applications.

Detailed description
Quote:

Background

Most business systems (and many non-business ones) rely on codes to codify data in their databases. You can think of common ones such as country codes, currency codes etc. This is such a common task that a way of handling all code requirements within a set of applications that make up a business system is seen as desirable and efficient. In large organisations a function of IT may be to maintain a core set of codes used by the rest of the organisation so that strict integrity can be maintained between different applications. It does not make sense for two applications wanting to use currency codes for instance to use two different sets which may or may not be the same sets.

Thus CDM was born.

Major Features
- Full API with documentation (phpDocumentor)
- Provides central code management
- Built on XOOPS API
- Provided with data sets for country, currency and languages

CDM Manual. You will need to register to view this document. The CDM help file and API document are also available from the administration menu once the module is installed in Xoops.

Version
Quote:

Publisher
Quote:
Business Systems for Xoops

Home Page
Quote:
System Requirements
Quote:

Requires PHP version 4.1 or later.

Screenshot links
Quote:
No screenshot but you can view the user side screens athttp://xoobs.net once you've registered

jbsemtner
Re: Module: XBS Code Data Management
  • 2008/11/5 4:40

• jbsemtner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/5

I am new to XOOPS, I figure that is always a good line to start with. I'm trying to install a test version to see if I can build a simple PHP/MYSQL website. I downloaded 2.3.1 and installed it. I've placed both XBS CDM & ModGenerator in the modules folder. Installed them and can change their attributes, but any other page in the module returns a "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error". The menu's correctly set up in the admin & main menus. The main menu links work for the CDM, but neither work in the admin menu. Any hints on where to go from here?

ghia
Re: Module: XBS Code Data Management
  • 2008/11/5 11:06

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

If you are new to XOOPS, it makes me wonder, you intend to write your own modules. Most people choose them ready made from the repository.

Did you enable debug messages in preferences and are there any? Did the Apache log give more information about the 500 error?

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits