demonica
Something has happened to my admin page...
  • 2007/4/28 1:49

• demonica

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/19

Of course this happened just as I was setting up a backup...

Anyway, instead of admin.php taking me to the menu, I get a page
saying

"This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed."

With two buttons, submit and cancel.

I can get around this by going to module/system/admin.php

but it is inconvenient and at the same time not all my modules are appearing.

Obviously something got corrupted but I have no idea what. So far, I have reloaded admin.php from the original program download.

Where should I go next?

MadFish
Re: Something has happened to my admin page...
  • 2007/4/28 2:31

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
"This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed."

Try going to cache and deleting a file called admin_menu.php (or something like that, it is the only php file in the directory). Also check that the cache folder itself is writable.

Deleting admin_menu.php often fixes problems with the menu (the file is remade automatically). Maybe yours got corrupted in upload or something.

demonica
  • 2007/4/28 2:48

• demonica

• Just popping in

Hmm. I assume you mean the cache folder in the public_html directory?

I don't see a file admin_menu.php there - perhapss the problem is that it is not being generated.

I forgot to mention above tthat if I respond "submit" to the prompt it takes me to a blank page.

The permissions on the cache folder are currently drwxr-xr-x

MadFish
  • 2007/4/28 3:01

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

That's the one.

Try making the cache read/write/execute for all groups (777). Your problem may be that your XOOPS install cannot write to the cache, and therefore cannot regenerate the (currently broken) admin_menu.php.

demonica
  • 2007/4/28 14:25

• demonica

• Just popping in

I changed the permissions on the cache folder and still am getting the same page.

Oh well, at least I have gained some insight into how all those mysterious php files relate to each other (you'll guess I am no coder!).

I looked through the admin.php file and found it referred to a file called mainpage.php, which defines how the XOOPS site is structured.

My site is hosted at bluehost.com, which allows you to add up to 5 subdomains. I suspec this problem may have begun when I added a subdomain and a folder was automatically added to my /public_html directory. It is possible that something may have been overwritten in the XOOPS installation and that mainpage.php is pointing to the wrong place now. It is not as simple as removing the added folder - I tried that already.

I will contact support at bluehost and maybe they can help me.

demonica
  • 2007/4/28 14:25

• demonica

• Just popping in

I changed the permissions on the cache folder and still am getting the same page.

Oh well, at least I have gained some insight into how all those mysterious php files relate to each other (you'll guess I am no coder!).

I looked through the admin.php file and found it referred to a file called mainpage.php, which defines how the XOOPS site is structured.

My site is hosted at bluehost.com, which allows you to add up to 5 subdomains. I suspec this problem may have begun when I added a subdomain and a folder was automatically added to my /public_html directory. It is possible that something may have been overwritten in the XOOPS installation and that mainpage.php is pointing to the wrong place now. It is not as simple as removing the added folder - I tried that already.

I will contact support at bluehost and maybe they can help me.

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits