spacingdopey
not being able to install xoops on XP

I was working with XOOPS a while ago when I was using Windows 2003 Server when I was working for a company for school. I decided to try to get XOOPS installed at home now, but I can't get XOOPS installed on windows xp. Getting Apache,php, en MySQL installed is not a problem, but when I ask for the apache information page using my ip adress I get an error saying that the page doesn't exist. I'm gonna try if I can figure out the problem.

And does anyone know if in the XOOPS book there is more information about the programs needed to run XOOPS with, cuz I just ordered it thinking it would come of hand.

thanks in advance

rabideau
Re: not being able to install xoops on XP
  • 2007/4/10 13:58

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

go tohttp://apachefriends.org download and install XAMPP. That should take care of everything. Remember to use localhost as your local browser address or 127.0.0.1
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

spacingdopey

and then placing the XOOPS files into the htdocs file like you normally would?

phillipd
  • 2007/4/10 19:54

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/4/20

Come on! Take the plunge, install Linux...

Doug P

spacingdopey

I still didn't get it to work. I sent you a pm btw containing information I would rather not post that can be viewed by anyone. and I tried working with linux once, but I don't get along with linux well enough. problems with getting drivers installed and not knowing how to install programs with source code. I tried installing Suse Linux 10.

JasonX
  • 2007/4/11 19:37

• JasonX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/31

Does php need cli sapi to install xoops?

Can anybody post requirements of linux software or some sort of howto install XOOPS on linux?

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits