jeffgr
Giving Back- Something Small Once a Week
  • 2007/3/15 20:57

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hello Xoopers,

There's been alot of discussion here recently about the directions that XOOPS is going in, how things might be reorganized, improved upon etc etc. etc.

It's all good, and the main thing it shows is that people CARE about improving this software. I won't really add to that discussion here, as it's obviously going strong on it's own.

I just wanted to say that, after, oh, say two years of using XOOPS regularily, I am trying to give back more now then I did before. At this point all I can do to give back is to provide my opinions on my own experiences with Xoops, what I have learnt is the best way to do things etc. I don't do this everyday, but I am trying to do it more... I guess I am starting to understand how even the smallest little thing that you contribute counts, at least a bit, in advancing Xoops.

I think 2007 is going to be a good year for this software... it seems like there has been a lot of interest /discussion on moving things forward of late, and some great modules & themes released recently.

If every experienced site member added something to XOOPS once a week....answered a forum question, posted a coding tip, pointed out a bug etc. ...we would have the best cms in the world, hands down. Alot of people are doing much more then this already, which is beyond great.

Jeff

skenow
Re: Giving Back- Something Small Once a Week
  • 2007/3/16 0:15

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Jeff -

Another one to take the challenge! Thank you!

Leveraging your experience to provide some best practices for the many aspects of maintaining a XOOPS site is important to a meaningful users' guide.

I'm looking forward to seeing your contributions.

Herko
  • 2007/3/16 10:41

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

hear hear!

Herko

wizanda
  • 2007/3/16 11:13

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Can we also have system of recognition of peoples involved, as in we need some way to also have Development progressing, in thing such as full W3C checking all modules, cleaning and faster MySql indexing of everything, Repairs and maintenance of modules, to work on upgrades of core.

So not only is XOOPS presented as being a good community to begin with through communication of ideas.
yet as you follow through in learning system code and understanding more, to help more; then there being the appropriate system, to allow us all to cooperate more, in helping making XOOPS be the best it can be.

As if we stand by our motto “built on us”, where is the cement mixer for dev? To lay more solid foundations?

SVN needs a XOOPS front end, and some better message board workspace system, that then backs up this site, other wise we reply to answers, many of us could fix add and repaired, rather then reply to a solution, we know how to fix.

Still a bit unsure on how, as without a dev front end sourceforge is a pain to navigate for end users.
xproject is half way there and says it can use SVN, yet how and the order of the message board is again a bit to many pages to navigate.

If we could get a good message bug tag reporting system between us, something smarty and XOOPS could do with ease. Then we could have a way to develop at a lightening rate. where XOOPS is not only ahead of the rest, yet will continue to grow faster as we set the cement mixers and tools where we need them the most.

Then the foundation of XOOPS will become stronger, as cement left to long will set and not change, we need it flowing….so why ours ideas seem stuck allot, as we can’t get the cement to the job at hand, before the ideas set.

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits