Denlyn
How to find members of a group?
  • 2007/3/6 9:54

• Denlyn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/17

As I am still new to this, I am wondering how to find specific members of a group.

For example, If I want to view all the members of the Admin or Moderators group, how is this achieved? I wish this so I can actually add them into the group so they can view a particular forum.

Is there a way to actually view all the members of a particular group?

I have done a search and nothing really comes up so I assume it has not been asked before. If it has, my apologies to the staff here at XOOPS.

Cheers.

Den

skenow
Re: How to find members of a group?
  • 2007/3/6 12:53

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Xoops FAQ found searching XOOPS for 'group management'

Denlyn
  • 2007/3/7 8:57

• Denlyn

• Just popping in

I checked the FAQ's and even though it tells me how to add members to a group (which I already knew)my question is, "What members are IN a group"

For example, I want to find out who the registered members are in the "Registered Members" group. This is easy.
Go to:
Find users.
Leave all blank.
Press, "Submit"

After a long search, all the members in the "Registered Users" group is displayed.

What about Moderator or Admin groups?

I want to be able to go to "Find Users" and search for users in a group.

I can't explain it simpler and if there is no way of doing this, then perhaps a mod should be created. I will see what I can do as there is no function for this particular search.

Thanks for the help.

Peekay
  • 2007/3/7 10:44

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I agree that having a 'In user group...' search option in the 'Find users' utility would be very useful. Not a major core change I would have thought?.

On the subject of groups, you should be aware that if you create a custom group, e.g. 'Suppliers', then add a new user via admin, selecting the custom group in the add-user details screen does not actually add that user to that group.

You need to add the user first (they are automatically added to the 'Registered Users' group) then open the custom group in 'System admin/Edit Groups' and add the user at the foot of the screen - where all current members of that group are listed.

It's only a small bug but group management is strength of XOOPS that other CMS solutions don't offer. I hope the core devs do find time to fix this for the next release.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

skenow
  • 2007/3/7 12:41

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

Denlyn wrote:
I checked the FAQ's and even though it tells me how to add members to a group (which I already knew)my question is, "What members are IN a group"

The members of a group are listed at the bottom of the page for modifing the group, which allows you to add members and also to remove members from the group.

I agree the group field would be a useful addition to the Find Users form.

iHackCode

Quote:

skenow wrote:

I agree the group field would be a useful addition to the Find Users form.

i agree too. i'm working on a hack right for it. i hit a bump.. but i am progressing.

i got it done.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

iHackCode

i got a hack for searching by group or by rank.. for the find users form. .but it does not do both.. i havent had time to make it work together so if anyone wants to work on it. send me a PM -> Resized Image

davidl2
  • 2007/3/27 22:37

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Very good work indeed

Have you anywhere we can see the hack as it is? (Code-wise?)

iHackCode

i was gonna send the files.. but i guess ill just post it on my site when i get home. CBB has a nice code highlighter..

Denlyn
  • 2007/3/28 9:58

• Denlyn

• Just popping in

Looking forward to seeing the end user product of this strange request.

The only reason why I asked was because a previous moderator was banning people left, right and centre and he never moved these members to the correct group and he never removed them from the registered group. As we have a large amount of members, searching the group members would be far more feasible to find them than go through one member at a time.

I suppose I should have added this but at the time, it didn't seem important. I haven't had the time to work on it but if someone else does, then terrific.

Waiting in anticipation.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits