wee32
Dumb Newbie Questions: Menus & Content
  • 2007/3/1 16:11

• wee32

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/28

Hi all --

I'm new to Xoops, a web designer but I usually hand-code sites. I'm trying to use XOOPS for a non-profit org that needs to be able to manage the site on its own after it is set up & can't afford a custom site.

ANYway, I have some basic questions.

I put up the 7DanaRed and it has a menu at the top. Do I need to go into the files to change the menus, or is there a way to do this through the Admin? I can't find it.

Also, it seems really difficult just to do something such as create an "About Us" page and have a link in the left-column menu. I'm having trouble creating just the basic content pages, the heirarchy of the site. Do you have to set up a module to do this? I could hand-code these, I guess, but I need to have it in the admin so that the org can edit them later on their own.

I need the links at the top & then a full menu on the side. How do I start there?

DarinAllan
Re: Dumb Newbie Questions: Menus & Content

The top menu will suit you because you will need to change the links in the theme.html in the 7DanaRed theme folder manually.

For the side menu (well you can also make the top menu as well) with Multi-Menu, check the link below ;o)

Multi Menu <<< this is the original news item, worth a read?

Latest version 1.8 This is from the comments, stating an update.

There should be a side menu already but multi menu is a module in fact an excellent module for creating menus the way you want them. In this case Multi menu will replace the standard side menu, this will also involve learning about the blocks that XOOPS uses, eg. you will have to turn some off and turn the multi menu blocks you create to on or visible,

Anyway have a look at it and see how you go.

For html pages within XOOPS you can look at the content module, Article 1.0 News module maybe, there is quite a few then you can link to the page you make with multi menu if you like. So you could create an about us page in one of the modules I mentioned and just link to individual pages within that module if you like. I am sure others may have other ideas and have personal preferences for the module best equipped to handle this.

Cheers......;o)

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits