xtremepr
Logins go to login page again
  • 2007/2/12 7:40

• xtremepr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/3 0

I tried to install Flash Chat but could not get it to work. I decided to un-install and now nobody can't login to the site.

When I try to login in user.php will display
Thank you for logging in, admin. and will go back to login page. I was using the Easyweb(page) 2.0 for XOOPS2 module wich redirects my default page to the one I created without problem.

I'm almost shure this module is not the problem but would like to deactivate. Can I deactivate this module without login in as admin?

If i try to access admin.php it will display:
Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area

I've restored a database back-up made before de Flash Chat installation and the problem persist. I'm a XOOPS iliterate but my best guess is some sort of index or config php file was over written. Any help or advice would be fully appreciated.

I have a complete site back up as well as a complete databse back up.

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.16 on an IpowerWeb server running MySQL Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.16 & PHP 4.4.1

xtremepr
Re: Logins go to login page again
  • 2007/2/12 9:29

• xtremepr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/3 0

I uploaded all .php files from the root and /module/system from the back up previous to the changes that caused the problem and still that did'nt fix it.

After 4 more hours I decided to ran the table repair command from phpMyAdmin to:

xoops_config
xoops_configcategory
xoops_configoption
xoops_group_permission
xoops_groups
xoops_groups_users_link
xoops_modules
xoops_session
xoops_users
xoopsfc_config
xoopsfc_config_instances
xoopsfc_config_values

To my surprise that restored my XOOPS functinality to normal. Previously I did repair _config and _session and the problem persisted so my guess is it was some of the other tables, to tired to keep on testing.

What I don't understand is if there was a corrupted table why it wasn't repair when I restored the database back-up?

oldenough
  • 2007/2/12 13:08

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

Set custom sessions and set them to 60 minutes. After that I never had problems like this again!

hiflyer
  • 2007/3/22 17:00

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/7 3

I am having the same problem after upgrading to 2.0.16. No other changes were made. I've tried repairing all the databases listed above with no improvement. I have always used a custom session of 60 minutes, and have tried reducing that to 45 minutes.

It only seems to be happening to a handful of my 650 users.

Any other ideas?
Thanks!

hiflyer
  • 2007/3/23 3:27

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/7 3

I've gotten a couple reports that this issue started after people updated to the latest version of McAfee antivirus. But others have the issue without McAfee.

BLimey
Sessions timeout inconveniently/out-of-sync with Amember harness.
  • 2007/4/6 12:52

• BLimey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/3 1

Maybe the "autologin" hacks will keep sessions persistent.

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits