cyborgjeff
wich module for audio streaming?
  • 2007/2/11 8:41

• cyborgjeff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/30

Hi,

i've seen recently that a module called Xasset was released and proposed movie streaming. As i am a musician, i'm searching since long time a module that let me do audio streaming.

Is there one? Xasset should use for that? maybe is there any tricks to let me do something close to that?

Last year i've used the module Wordpress with streaming plugins to make a test... but administration, just to add new songs begin to be to hard ;(

and that was greater if it would be possible to grab information for RSSFeed and podcasting ! :)

gestroud
Re: which module for audio streaming?
  • 2007/2/11 16:15

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

If you're running your site with the 2.0 version of XOOPS, you may want to look at

Jinzora or Zina. Both of them are supposed to be XOOPS compatible.

or....

If you're familiar with Shoutcast and the ShoutCast Server, you may want to set up the ShoutCast DSP and run your media from your home computer.

You'll need WinAmp and a couple of plugins. The second one is optional

1. Shoutcast DSP for winamp

2. Null Output Plugin (great for streaming music from your computer/server without having to listen to the output on your speakers.)

To get these working with your XOOPS site, take a look at

1. The Shoutcast Radio Module

or

2. The DJ Culex module

I have a stripped-down version of the first one installed on this site. Look for the Radio Station block in the right column.

gestroud

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits