leebrendalee
can I use same database and keep my stuff?

ok heres the scoop, i'm using version 2.013.2 and it's old and I didn't upgrade so now I'm in trouble..my fault...someone hacked.
Because I have special modules..or at least one anyway, is it possible to use the same database if I completely download a bran new version of XOOPS and completely start from scratch? I want to keep a couple modules..at least one..and my users of course..but dont' really care about that as much as my data...at the very very least..just one module..well it's not a module but an addon..also my theme was designed and need to keep that..can someone please give me a quickie walkthrough and advise what I can do now..thanks

otherwise i cannot find the core files to reload version 2.013.2 because i need to fix my site...and than do upgrades..

MadFish
Re: can I use same database and keep my stuff?
  • 2007/2/2 3:04

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

You probably can, so long as your database is intact. Try:

* If you have a backup file of your database, look through it and copy the relevant tables for your module into a new text file saved with a .sql extension. Alternatively, export the relevant tables to a .sql file using MyPHPAdmin etc including the 'drop table if exists' option. (If you are not sure which tables belong to the module, you can find out the table names by looking in the module's /sql directory).

* Install the new version of XOOPS.

* Install the module.

* Restore the database tables for the module (in MyPHPAdmin you can just select the new .sql file you made and it will rebuild the tables for that module).

It should work ok - unless the hacker messed up your database.

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits