leebrendalee
my website was hacked/virus

Morning,

Well I posted a question on here a couple hours ago and it's disappeared so I'll repost. (strange)..

My website stopped loading for no apparent reason, called my provider they said someone must have hacked because there's a virus up there. So they did a restore and my site still will not load. Any suggestions on how to repair without loosing my data?

Thanks,
Brenda

PS: on xoops.org I want to change my email address, where do I do this...

davidl2
Re: my website was hacked/virus
  • 2007/2/1 16:03

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

To change details - please PM me what needs changing, and I'll pass to one of the site admins.

rpilney
  • 2007/2/6 21:24

• rpilney

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/25

to change your email address on here you edit your account.

if you mean the default one for your site then that is in the admin panel for your site.

Quote:

leebrendalee wrote:
Morning,

Well I posted a question on here a couple hours ago and it's disappeared so I'll repost. (strange)..

My website stopped loading for no apparent reason, called my provider they said someone must have hacked because there's a virus up there. So they did a restore and my site still will not load. Any suggestions on how to repair without loosing my data?

Thanks,
Brenda

Northern
  • 2007/2/6 21:34

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Quote:

leebrendalee wrote:
Morning,

Thanks,
Brenda

All you realy need is the sql files from your old site, from here you can recreate your site, minus the images.
Just make sure all your old modules and themes are in your new site.

other wize you can have the white page problem.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits