StormStrikes
I have ask about adding content

So I have the visual introduction and operations guide printed out and was reading through them. I have XOOPS set up on my test server and have even added a few modules.

However, my main index page is still blank. I have XOOPS set up on the test server so you get to it by using http://localhost/xoops. When I go there, I see the menus and can log in, everything, but there is no content there.

Ive looked around in the manuals about how to get something there and there are no 'beginners steps' for this. I was able to add some content by using a custom block, but is that the only way to add content (pages) to the site?

In the visual introduction it talks about the news module as being one of the 'official' modules, and the way it describes it, it would seem to be the thing I need to use. However, there is no news module in XOOPS by default. Is there a particular one I need to use?

I did install the SmartSection module, but I havent quite figured all of that out yet.

Anyway, sorry to have to ask such a silly question, but I tried finding the answer on my own, but I just ain coming up with it.

preachur
Re: I have ask about adding content
  • 2007/1/27 6:32

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

Well, you can create a .php/html page and include it in index.php right after include header....

The easiest way is to install Content (The Module.) Then create a page in content. Then make Content your default front page. (Or use any other module as your default front page.)

Just go to Administration / Preferences / General Settings and there will be a drop-down menu called "Module for your start page."
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

snow77
  • 2007/1/27 7:11

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

I've got around building a whole site with content pages with just using the News module {found here}. To build a custom menu you use the Multimenu module.

There's lots of modules..don't worry to move around and create, anything that goes wrong can be fixed

StormStrikes

Thank you all for your help, it is much appreciated. I will definitely give the suggestions a try and go from there.

Login

Who's Online

444 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 444

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits