Tyson0317
I am willing to PAY someone to get my site working!
  • 2007/1/16 19:28

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/21

For details see this thread:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=56343

Short version: My site has been down for 6 days now following a move from Win2k to Win 2k3. My db is transferred, IIS is working fine, but I get a blank screen and I am sick of messing with it! $100 via PayPal work for you? Reply here and I will PM ya with contact info.

Must know how to get XOOPS running on IIS/SQL4.1 in win 2k3 environment.

Will_H
Re: I am willing to PAY someone to get my site working!
  • 2007/1/16 19:54

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I feel for ya man, I wish I was familiar with IIS. I would of gladly helped ya out pro bono.

BOL with getting her back up though.

zioncurtain

I don't have any clue, sorry. But you may try:http://www.onsiteprotech.com
I've used W2k3 people from there before for a number of issues.

Tyson0317
  • 2007/1/16 23:29

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

I dont think that my problem is with Windows or IIS config - everything else on the server works great. I am looking for someone familiar with xoops, which I dont think those guys will be...

Tyson0317
  • 2007/1/18 1:40

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

With the help of technobia on this forum (a nice lady named Jody) we found a stray semi-colon that hosed the entire site...

The complete lack of troubleshooting tools, errors or debugs of any sort are very frustrating, making XOOPS a poor choice for a comerical product, in my humble oppinion...

msdana
  • 2007/1/18 2:48

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Please keep in mind that the problem resided in your PHP.ini file, based on my conversation with Jody, which is not XOOPS related.

I don't expect my plumber to be able to troubleshoot and fix my electrical problem, and I don't expect XOOPS to know every problem that could arise from the php.ini file.

Xoops does have it's problems (as does others), but that hasn't stopped me or anyone else from producing commercial websites using the open-source software.

Please, be nice to XOOPS
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

MadFish
  • 2007/1/18 4:45

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
The complete lack of troubleshooting tools, errors or debugs of any sort are very frustrating, making XOOPS a poor choice for a comerical product, in my humble oppinion...

Admin -> system -> preferences -> turn debug mode on (several modes to choose from depending on what you are trying to fix). Very useful.

jegelstaff

Quote:
Admin -> system -> preferences -> turn debug mode on (several modes to choose from depending on what you are trying to fix). Very useful.

Also, keep in mind, XOOPS site on top of a tall stack of software. If PHP on your server is configured to log error messages, but not display them, then that too will affect how you are able to track down issues (check log files instead of seeing errors displayed on screen for instance).

Your problem is most likely some interaction effect of XOOPS with all the settings in the operating system and database version and PHP version and .ini settings and who knows what else on your new server.

When we moved from one server to another a long time ago, we had some problems because the root folder structure on the old server was something like /foo/bar/www/xoops and on the new server it was /bar/foo/www/xoops. Once we changed that in the mainfile.php for our XOOPS sites, everything worked just fine. That kind of issue has nothing to do with XOOPS per se, it is caused by not knowing enough about how your server is configured, and what implications that will have for your site.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

zioncurtain

Free open-source software like XOOPS is a jewel in the rough.

I've used other open-source CMS wares, and XOOPS is by far the most scalable, the best supported, and the most robust of all of them.

Thanks to the ENTIRE community for making XOOPS what it is.
I am impressed with the frequency of releases.

I am also happy with 2.2.x, but it has a long ways to go. Very promising, and the admin cp is awesome!

I hope someday to become more useful to this community.

Im polishing up PHP skills daily.

Anyway, again thanks!

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits