onasre
Anti Flood Request
  • 2006/12/19 7:07

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

Hello

is there any module for Anti flood , there someone Hit the index page with othere than million Fak hit in Second so the host shut down the website for Day becose that.

they said i shoud have something aginst thes flood of hits

i have the lastest release of protector but thats seems not enotgh
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

onasre
Re: Anti Flood Request
  • 2006/12/22 19:34

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

83 Views and no answer

lol
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

vaughan
  • 2006/12/22 21:49

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

yup.. you could try searching.. or reading the FAQ section etc. 83 views is nothing really, that could be 83 people just like yourself who don't have the knowledge or expertise to answer that question.. + a lot of people who maybe able to help you may have gone away or having a break due to it being christmas time and a time for spending with their families..

protector should be enough. try tweaking the settings.

also your host should be able to help with that aswell, or do they not have a firewall on their servers?

onasre
  • 2006/12/27 20:08

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

i do have the protector the lastest release but wont help stop it and my Host server said they can not do any thing to stop it from thier end

phppp
  • 2006/12/27 20:26

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

onasre wrote:
my Host server said they can not do any thing to stop it from thier end

Fire them then

wizanda
  • 2006/12/27 20:47

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Yes second Phppp on that; as in what happens if you become a Major site like Google or Yahoo is.........

Imagine how many hits they must be having....

I did that for ages with rubbish servers, until moving to Servage...which so far have been 100%...

Also be careful of how many calls to the server, your home page is having...... as in Cache individually allot of the blocks as on Xoops.org the forum block is cached.....saying that though, depends on how much else is going on....as each time a small cache is set, it will check every 30 seconds and that actually causes more sever load I have found on my home server....

Yet having things somewhere cached done, will reduce server load of the page loading....so hopefully not make them as angry with you

ewonline
  • 2006/12/28 0:23

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

The only real solution for bots hitting your site constantly is mod_evasive. I have it installed on my server hosting my site and I can tell you it blocks at least 5 IPs a day.
Resized Image

onasre
  • 2006/12/28 3:58

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

Home away from home

i'm with servage Hosting too Lol and they told me they can do nothing about it only thing they did they shut down my site 3 days of load server .

Guys with all Respect no one told me how to stop it ,

Servage told me i should loke for an code or script that Prevent users from View my website offline ( offline Browsing ) becose this what Kills the bandwidth and Make the so many Fak hits.

i Said how i do that they said they cant prevent it becose the Aim of Websites to let others View it .

i made little search online about scrpits to prevent offline browsing and i found one called Stayput so i thought to buy it but befor i do it i Gave it shout to try View that script website with offline program (Htrack) and i could download the whole website .. so i sent the Admin about that and he said that Cant be happen i said trust me i downloaded the Whole site .. He never sent back LOL

i tried to do the same with Xoops.org .. but Guess what .. they kiked me and Ban me .. which mean they have thiere way to prevent that .. why they dont tell us how to do it

irmtfan
  • 2006/12/29 5:18

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:
i could download the whole website

Quote:
why they dont tell us how to do it

simply it can be done by protector!

it seems you dont install protector properly.patching mainfile is needed.
read the instructions carefully.

onasre
  • 2007/1/2 5:36

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
Quote:
i could download the whole website

Quote:
why they dont tell us how to do it

simply it can be done by protector!

it seems you dont install protector properly.patching mainfile is needed.
read the instructions carefully.

do you have a website , if so give me your URL i will try test it with Offline Browsing program or give me any other website uses XOOPS with protector Module .. becose i have it and it working Ok with Spam and SQL injection but it dont work with Offline Browsing.

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits