ChaoticMess
Can Xoops handle more than one simultaneous administrators?

Hi All,

I'm building a website where we have an admin and a content designer. At least two of us need to admin the site at the same time. Is there any chance we will be trouncing on top of each other? If the designer only uses specific modules and I avoid those would we be ok?

Thanks. I'm a long time admin and have worked many sites with too many cooks in the kitchen. Thanks for and advice or tips. CM

Chris03
Re: Can Xoops handle more than one simultaneous administrators?
  • 2006/12/6 2:48

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

XOOPS can easily handle more then 1 administrators, My site has 6 admins.... We havent had issue in the 2 - 3 years XOOPS has powered this site.
KickassAMD

skenow
  • 2006/12/6 2:52

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

In short - yes, you can assign multiple people to the administrators group. Careful communication between admins is imperative.

Based on my experience, I think it best to create a new admins group with all the same privileges of the default admins group. Some modules give the default admins permissions to everything, which is understandable, but it can lead to disclosing information not intended to disclose.

Example - not that this really exists in a XOOPS system, but: You are the admin of a site for a bank (lawyer, doctor, whatever) that has confidentiality rules. As admin, you have access by default to all information. Just something to be aware of.

kaotik
  • 2006/12/7 9:58

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Creating a new administrator group is always a good policy. It requires a little more work to setup initially, but in the long run will save you added headaches.
www.kaotik.biz

Login

Who's Online

271 user(s) are online (192 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 271

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits