chefry
Lazarus Guestbook
  • 2006/10/15 10:03

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

I have lazarus guestbook on my site now and when XOOPS goes live I want to still use it.

Right now Lazarus is set up with custom headers and footers, which I can change, and will change because the site will have a completely different look.

I want to be able to have Lazarus appear in the XOOPS site, and not as an external link.

How can I do this?

Thanks
Frank

Shine
Re: Lazarus Guestbook
  • 2006/10/15 11:24

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Easy and already done........Take a look at www.xoopscube.be
Menu: (gastenboek)
Download also there in downloads/addons

Grtz., Shine

chefry
  • 2006/10/15 12:05

• chefry

• Home away from home

AWESOME!!!

Thanks Shine!

Did you publicize this on the Lazarus site?

chefry
  • 2006/10/17 9:18

• chefry

• Home away from home

Hi Shine

I have a couple of questions before I try to install this. I tried to register on your site to ask thm, but for some reason it never sent me my activation code.

I already have lazarus on my site, and as I said before, I want to fit it into XOOPS. This module and your directions indicate that it's a new install of lazarus, with the module as an addon.

If I install using your directions, then overwrite the lazarus subdirectory with the one off my site, and import the MySQL database from my site, would this cause any problems? Are there changes you made to the lazarus code itself?

Thanks
Frank

chefry
  • 2006/10/26 11:28

• chefry

• Home away from home

Hi Shine

I tried to install this, and followed all the directions, but I'm getting an error.

Could not select the database because: Unknown database 'agbook1'

I created the database using phpmyadmin

Any ideas?

Thanks
Frank

Shine
  • 2006/10/26 15:11

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

Strange do didn't get an acitvaion Email. Are you sure this mail didn't end up within your spambox? This happens often at users. Also a small typo within your mailadres entering? This happens also a lot of times.

As mentioned within the readme (LEESMIJ.txt)
Quote:
1. Open the configuration file admin/'config.inc.php' with a text editor
and set up your MySQL database settings.
NOTE: The standard table prefix for this script is: xoops_lzbook. You can adjust this in the same config.inc.php file before running the install.

The main thing is: are there any sql changes within the newer LZ guestbook version.
To be honest... I don't know.
Compare the files from: admin/config.inc.php of both versions
Prox lines:51 where it says 'tables'.
If you dont see any table changes/additions the upgrade can be made without any troubles. In that case. just adjust the standard prefix as mentioned within the readme here above into the/your already excisting LZ tabel prefix.

As usual: please make first a complete back up.

chefry
  • 2006/10/27 20:12

• chefry

• Home away from home

I tried installing the complete file you referred me to on your site. I created a blank database using phpmyadmin and did the install, or rather didn't do the install.

I got Carbonize to look at the config.inc.php, and he accessed my machine and checked my subdirectories. According to him, everything is correct and he can't understand why it's not finding the database.

Anything else I can do? It's not even installing so I don't get to any point of receiving an activation email

Thanks
Frank

Shine
  • 2006/10/31 11:13

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

What happens if you install as mentioned within the LEESMIJ (readme).txt?
Instead of dropping the tables by hand within phpadmin, let the installscript do the job.
That way we can see where it went wrong.
As already mentioned, you drop sql as agbook1, but the standard sql install is: xoops_lzbook
The 'xoops_' is the prefix of your installed CMS. If you got this another name, change this into your used prefix
Example:
chefry_lzbook
chefry_agbook1

Let me know if this helps!

carbonize
  • 2007/6/18 14:33

• carbonize

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

Be good if you posted this in the Mod forums of Lazarus. I welcome all mods and specially CMS integration.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits