jordi_rc
How to change a user profile length of a field
  • 2006/10/10 17:25

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Hello!

I am hacking the hacks and modules of my XOOPS site, and I changed all the user profiles estructure, but I have a varchar(60) field that I named "quote" to display the prefered quote of a member and now I would need to make it a bit longer, for example varchar (150) .

But unfurtunelly I tried it from PHPmyAdmin but when the user inserts a data longer than 60 he gots a message saying it is too long.

Is the lenght of user's input hard coded somewhere so it don't works even if I alter the database?

I proceeded hacking from profiles+photo hack, and changed almost all to make it fit to my personal purposes.

Thanks.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

m0nty
Re: How to change a user profile length of a field
  • 2006/10/10 18:08

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yep it's hardcoded into the $form

if we look at >

$reg_form->addElement(new XoopsFormText(_US_WEBSITE"url", [b][color=FF0000]25[/color][/b], [b][color=FF0000]255[/color][/b], $myts->htmlSpecialChars($url)));

the 1st number (25) in red is the size of the textfield that is displayed on the form itself.

the 2nd number (255) in red is the max allowed characters.

jordi_rc
Re: How to change a user profile length of a field
  • 2006/10/10 18:57

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Yes m0nty I did it but after modifying it and changing the database it still says that it is too long.

What a weird thing!

By the way, nice hack m0nty!

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits