Derrick
I must be doing something wrong...
  • 2006/10/6 7:42

• Derrick

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/2

http://www.hsclan.info

I must be doing something wrong....I can't get the center left, or center right blocks to appear. I made sure i had the option set to "yes" and the positions are set right. I tried the defaul themes and whatnot, thinking it may be the theme i was using... What am I doing wrong?

jensclas
Re: I must be doing something wrong...

New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

HTH

PS - can't check your site as you have closed it.

Derrick
  • 2006/10/6 8:08

• Derrick

• Just popping in

u shud be able to see it now

jensclas

have you set the permissions for the modules you are trying to get to show in the center? eg...go to admin/groups and click on anonymous users and give view permisions for the modules you wish them to see...same for registered and tick 'all' for webmaster. Then go to 'blocks' and select blocks for them

You also need to make sure in your preferences you have set a module as your start page.

What modules have you installed?

Derrick
  • 2006/10/6 8:26

• Derrick

• Just popping in

other than what came with xoops, I installed PD Downloads, and theres probl,ems with that, cause the side blocks for "recent downloads" and top downloads wont appear.

I JUST installed a news module, but i was told theres sort of one built into xoops...where is that?

Other than that, nothing that wasnt already in xoops

jensclas

if you installed 2.0.14 or 2.0.15 there are no modules with it - to get them you will need to check into recent module releases on xoops.org news or the links from the release notes that came with the download of xoops. Unfortunately the moudle repository is not up to date but we are working on it.

Check out this FAQ

Derrick
  • 2006/10/6 8:50

• Derrick

• Just popping in

so would you suggest using an older XOOPS than? I mean, i looked at that links list of recent modules and the newest ones are paid ones. If you can point me to a gallery, downloads, and frontpage news module, for the most recent xoops, id be much abliged:) Im sort of a noob, well to XOOPS anyway.

jensclas

Ok...there are lots of places to look as posted above...via that FAQ I pointed out to you. My money for you would be on the modules here at smart factory for articles - smart section and downloads. Grab cbb3 from here for a forum and XOOPS news module from
here. if all you are inding is paid modules you are not looking in the right places - there are loads which are free.

I am unsure of image galleries - I have xcgallery which was working fine but I am having a bit of a thumnail problem. Please also pay attention to this known possible bug - only causing some problems for some people:
Quote:
Well the good news is that there is a fix for this.

Now - please note: this hasn't been fully tested as of yet, but it should sort out the problem.

I would recommend you fully backup database & site of course before usage....

Anyway - download this file - and replace the current version of /class/xoopsform/form.php with this. Once it opens right click 'save as' and select 'all files'. this will download it as a .php file ready for you to upload to your site.
linkhere

OK - that should get you started but please follow the tutorial (visual) mentiioned above to make sure you install them correctly.

Derrick
  • 2006/10/6 9:11

• Derrick

• Just popping in

guess i'll have to wait for a downloads module:( WF Downloads wont show the blocks

jensclas

have you searched the forums at smartfactory? What did you find????

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits