nunomoc
All my javascript popups don't work in XOOPS! [SOLVED]
  • 2006/9/23 13:34

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/23

Hi,

I've been using XOOPS 2.0.13.2 for some time now and I never had any problem with it.

In the few last days, some of the users who usually collaborate with the site reported two problems : They couldn't open the image manager (they could see the image icon but it was like it had no link) and the link "More Smileys" didn't work. It didn't open the popup...

I've tested it and I can use the image manager on the administration side. But when I try to go through my modules like they do, it happens the same thing.

I've tried upgrading to the latest version of XOOPS (I'm using XOOPS 2.0.15 now!) but the problem's still there.

I still have the same problem...

Maybe if someone told me which file stores the info related to the link of the image manager and the link of the more smileys, i can edit it and try to fiz the problem...

Can anybody help me?

limecity
Re: Image Manager & More Smileys POPUP link not working!
  • 2006/9/23 15:41

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

tats pretty weird,
maybe you could post the url to your site?
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

[suspendTempri[suspended]

Do you have javascript enabled in your browser?

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/23 21:18

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Thanks Limecity and Tempri for the prompt answers.

Tempri, at first I thought it could be a popup blocker or a browser issue but no, the problem is not in the browser. Several users reported the same problem.
And I have no problems when I'm on the admin side. I can open the image popup window everytime.

I have problems opening any links that require popup windows and I can't figure out what's the problem...

It's not a group permissions issue. I've checked the permissions and they haven't changed.
When I go through the administration, I manage to open the Image Manager. When I go through the website, I have the same problem as the users...

Now where is the problem? Today I've updated the system, I've tried changing templates but the problem remains.

My guess is that the page where the code is must have some kind off problem.

The website is here.

Any ideas? Anyone?

limecity
  • 2006/9/24 3:28

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

I tried to 'right click' open in new window
and it works.

[url=http://www.ultra-secreto.com.pt/modules/catads/contact.php?ads_id=19',%20'contact',%20600,%20450]tested link[/url]

hmm i am not very sure whats wrong with it either.
maybe XOOPS expert can help
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/24 12:34

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

I've altered the title of this post, because I've just found out that the PMs system, avatars, etc (all that require javascript popups) do not work...

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/24 13:16

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Problem Solved!

As the problem only seemed to affect part of the website (and the admin part worked fine), I started to deactivate the blocks one by one until I figured out what was the problem...

Seems that the problem was in a translation service (Babelfish) I was using on my website.

Once I deactivated this block, popups started working again!

I'm happy again! lol

Thanks Limecity And Tempri for trying to help.

Quest
  • 2006/9/24 13:23

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I just checked and it is working now. But I did notice that your theme does not have the <{$xoops_module_header}> and when I don't have that my popups don't work either.

Quest

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/24 15:55

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Quote:

Quest wrote:
I just checked and it is working now. But I did notice that your theme does not have the <{$xoops_module_header}> and when I don't have that my popups don't work either.

Quest

Hi, I solved the problem today (like I said on my early post in this topic).
About what you said, you didn't noticed but my theme has the required <{$xoops_module_header}>. I even placed it two times by placing the code like it says here on XOOPS and then a direct link to the javascript file.

But that wasn't the problem because the hover links in the forum and in the administration worked fine and they both need javascript...

The problem was on a HTML Block that somehow was messing with the javascript popups...

Thanks anyway.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits