THCowboy
problems with xoopspolls, news & newbb modules
  • 2006/9/21 16:32

• THCowboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/28

I am using XOOPS 2.0.14 and SQL 5.

After a long time of my modules working well, I suddenly have the following issues.

xoopspolls version 1 - I just created two polls. I voted in both of them. Only one of the two shows my vote, though the other ones says I already voted... but the vote doesn't show.

news version 1.1 - when I add news topics it shows in the category but not in the archives or not on the news page even though I selected it to show on the news Home Page.

newbb version 2.02 - at times a thread looks like the photo below.... oops can't replicate the problem. What happens is that the subject of a thread suddenly takes up about 500 pixels in height making a huge blue box above each post.

Here are the only errors that show up in debug mode.

Notice: Undefined variable: xoops_admin_menu_ft in file /include/cp_functions.php line 127

Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in file /include/cp_functions.php line 127

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /include/cp_functions.php line 127

Thanks for any thoughts, Warren

JCDunnart
Re: problems with xoopspolls, news & newbb modules
  • 2006/9/21 18:30

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

1. If it was working before and not any longer then what was changed recently? i.e. new module installed, upgraded XOOPS core or module, hack added, PHP upgraded...?

2. Check the adminmenu.php file in the /cache/ directory.
- does it exist?
- does the cache directory have the correct permissions?
- if yes to above, try renaming the adminmenu.php file, login and go to admin, which will regenerate the adminmenu.php file.

Hopefully these suggestions help... otherwise it's likely to be a PHP5 issue, as those modules are not compatible with certain PHP5 configurations... at least, I know the xoopspoll module has issues with some configurations, and I'm guessing that the others might too.

THCowboy
  • 2006/9/21 18:47

• THCowboy

• Just popping in

Thanks for you help

Okay adminmenu.php exists

permission are 777 for cache folder

about six weeks ago was upgraded to php 5 but everything worked fine.

I upgraded to XOOPS 2.0.14 and everything seemed fine too except site has been very slow to load at times since the upgrade.

I upgraded modules that fixed one issue that I didn't mention but the rest seem to still be a problem.

I regenerated the adminmenu.php... I will now see if they modules work.

the three errors I mentioned have been resloved.

Below is a photo of what my forum looks like at times.

Resized Image

THCowboy
  • 2006/9/21 18:54

• THCowboy

• Just popping in

I forgot to mention that my site got hacked a couple weeks back. They got in through my flashchat module. I happened to be online and saw it happening. I stopped them and got rid of flashchat. As far as I can see nothing happened except they hijacked my home page and deleted a bunch of my files in my root.

Will_H
  • 2006/9/21 18:55

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

iHackCode

so what browser are you using. is javascript enabled?

the reason you see that big space is that the newbb js file is not loaded/working.. or js is turned off.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

THCowboy
  • 2006/9/21 19:25

• THCowboy

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bandit-X wrote:
so what browser are you using. is javascript enabled?

the reason you see that big space is that the newbb js file is not loaded/working.. or js is turned off.

Javascript is on.

As for slowness I think it is my host. If I go to my site at 3am it is fast, even lightening fast. Yet during the day it can take 10, 20 or more seconds to load pages.

My host said something about optimizing the database etc etc. But from what I have read in other threads, hosts tell people that sometimes even though the server is oversubscribed etc.

Then they told me I could upgrade to my own server for something like $260 a month... ouch!

Thanks, Warren

Will_H
  • 2006/9/21 19:28

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

www.servint.net

great vps at a great price.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits