denzel2364
Adding a new page to a current link
  • 2006/9/12 18:43

• denzel2364

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/11

Hi,

looking around this seems a frequent problem that cant be asked via a step by step. im hoping the webmasters can answer my thoery:

i have a current theme that has blank links at the top which i want to use. How do i create a page so that these links become useful. e.g. i have a link to 'my links', how can i create a blank page for me to add my links to and how would they be edited.

is it possible for a step by step so that people and i can use this as reference

much appreciated

Will_H
Re: Adding a new page to a current link
  • 2006/9/12 18:56

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

open theme.html.

Navigate to the area where the links are currently defined.
(look for the <a href="path/path/path">Link Name</a> string)

Edit this as you see fit.

There are many ways to create "pages" you can either use modules pages.
(<a href="yousite.com/modules/newbb">Forums</a>)

Or you can create custom html pages and use a content wrapper.
(Like This One}

Essentially you just create a custom html document then use this to frame it withing your site.

BOL

denzel2364
  • 2006/9/13 7:32

• denzel2364

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/11

hi mate,

thanks for the reply.

im having trouble understanding how to sort the module out. THe things is, im not used to this language. please help

also, mentioned above to edit theme.html is that the one in the themes folder. silly question but ive edited it and it hasnt made a difference to the main page

please please advise anyone

jensclas

For editing the theme check out this FAQ
HTH

jensclas

Hi agian Denzel - I ran into pc issues and didn;t get to put this bit in last night:

Quote:
im having trouble understanding how to sort the module out. THe things is, im not used to this language. please help

Can I ask what exactly don't you understand? The English? The terminology? If it is the Englsih there are local support sites in other languages; if it is the terminology you will need to be patient with yourself as you learn new terms and concepts. There is a glossary at xoopsdocs in the workspace which you might find useful and google is a really good tool for working out what some things mean. HTH

Login

Who's Online

64 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 64

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits