englisman
how to make homepage show modules?
  • 2006/9/10 19:41

• englisman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/10

Hi

I have set up my XOOPS site and added the modules I want but the home pageis still the default what I want is the homepage to have everything on the whats called the top page once I have logged in.

any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

Herko
Re: how to make homepage show modules?
  • 2006/9/10 19:46

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Hi, and welcome to XOOPS!

What *exactly* do you want to show on your top page? Information from a specific module? Or information from more modules?

You can do 2 things:
1. set a specific module as start page module in system admin -> general preferences -> settings.
2. add blocks to the top page showing module data in system admin -> blocks.

Herko

englisman
  • 2006/9/10 20:44

• englisman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/10

Hi Herko

I want the site to start on what is called the 'top page' in the admin section. I have all the block and modules set up on this page as I want them to appear on the site.

I have tried it with the message board as the start page which is almost what I want as it doesnt have a top page option, Is it possible to add the myalbum module block above this?

Imagine my site with a very similar 3 column layout to the xoops.org site, left column with the main menu and user menu the centre blocks top block has 'top photos with thumbs' then news below and forums below that, with search and classified ads.

Thanks

Dan

jensclas

Quote:
Imagine my site with a very similar 3 column layout to the xoops.org site, left column with the main menu and user menu the centre blocks top block has 'top photos with thumbs' then news below and forums below that, with search and classified ads.

You need to get past the language of 'top' page a bit and think in terms of modules and blocks and user permissions.

You need to go to your site admin - and select a 'module'for your start page. In your site admin- blocks you can select the location and visibility of specific blocks on you 'top page' and all your other pages. You can make individual blocks form modules appear as left, top left center or right in the center column, and right depending on which radio button you select and make them 'visible'. What your page will look like will vary on the settings for users - anaonymous and registered. Look across the top for the options for each page in your block settings.
The order of the blocks depends on the weight you assign them. 0 will be top by default.

Please check out these resources:
New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

Login

Who's Online

504 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 504

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits