brighter
Installing Forum and Basic Modules
  • 2006/8/14 19:46

• brighter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/14

Hi folks. I went to the XOOPS Module Repository and got cbb 232, but it looks at Xoopsforge like 305 is the latest.

Question: Which cbb version should I install and are there newby instructions somewhere?

(I really did look and search everywhere, I swear. It's confusing because at the cbb / xforge site, they refer to XOOPS 2.2, but on the download page here the latest is 2.0.14 which is what I installed.)

Question: Also, which forum / version is this particilar forum and how does one get the "Active Notifications"? Is that part of the cbb or some other module?

Thanks a bunch!

p.s. Can I make a plug here for a version that has the basic modules as an option in addition to the basic vanilla install? It would really help a lot from a newcomer's perspective.

jensclas
Re: Installing Forum and Basic Modules

Welcome to XOOPS brighter!
have you found your way to the FAQ?, The documentation? and finally the search button? These are important tools for you.
Quote:
Question: Which cbb version should I install and are there newby instructions somewhere?

The latest CBB will (as far as i know) work with 2.0.14 - (there is a history about 2.2 verions you can search in - don't want to go there now - but 2.0.14 is a step toward bridging the gap) BUT: There are apparently instructions in CBB for uploading a folder called frameworks as well as the modules folder. Those that have not done this seem to have run into troubles. Check this thread.

Active notifications is part of our original newwbb and is supposed to be carried in the current version. It appears some people are having problems with 'email' of notifications and the new XOOPS version so I am not yet sure what is going on there...stay tuned! Logging in to a site should still bring you your inbox notifications.

Basic modules options - where you downloaded 2.0.14 you have documentation to guide you to reliable module resources. There is also a thread about packaging modules that could help you decide which ones to install. See this thread here to see what the thinking is in the community.

HTH

Login

Who's Online

433 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 433

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits