PHPGeek
Please read... (test IM flash messenger)
  • 2006/8/1 8:19

• PHPGeek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/25

Sorry for the title, but I wasn't sure how to sum this post into a few words. I am currently developing a Flash IM service for xoops. I just finished major development and I need people that can test it. I have tested it myself on IE 6.0 and FF 1.5 (both with flash 9), but I need to know how it works on different connection speeds and other versions of browsers / flash players. It is Flash, so no software installation is required.

The url is phpgeek.net,. Click on the "Instant Messenger" link in the header of page to open the messenger.

Thanks

[size=x-small][Edit by Bender]Subject modified.[/size]

PHPGeek
Re: Please read...
  • 2006/8/1 8:27

• PHPGeek

• Just popping in

You must first login. You can test it using one of these accounts.

Name: 'Guest1' Pass: 'test'
Name: 'Guest2' Pass: 'test'
Name: 'Guest3' Pass: 'test'
Name: 'Guest4' Pass: 'test'
Name: 'Guest5' Pass: 'test'

I will be on as Jason. Just click my name in the 'Online Now' box and you can IM me

Dave_L
  • 2006/8/1 9:12

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I get a "connection refused" error when using that URL. (Firefox 1.0.4).

Reintjan
  • 2006/8/1 13:10

• Reintjan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/17

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Not a working site...
Be smart, stay smart. Stay one step ahead...

nekro
  • 2006/8/1 14:09

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

blank page!

PHPGeek
  • 2006/8/1 16:08

• PHPGeek

• Just popping in

Sorry for the 404 errors. I ran into a small problem (not related to the IM service, yet pointed out a problem with the IM server). I shut down the site so that I can move my XOOPS installation to a different domain. I am having a problem with the mail server at phpgeek.net . This created a small problem for me because Flash'es security model doesn't allow for a flash movie to load data from a different domain then that which the Flash file was served from, but I cant run the IM server on any other domain then phpgeek.net (requires "root" access). The only good way to fix this is to save a policy file on the sever that the data is being loaded from (a xml file). The problem with this is that the IM server is not a HTTP server... so I need to modify the IM server so that it will also perform a HTTP upload when flash requests the policy file. I have been dreading this, but it will make it a better service :) This will likely take me the majority of the day, but I will have the new link posted soon if anybody is still interested in helping.

Thank you for you help.

Swain
  • 2006/8/2 22:05

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I get the same error on Mozilla.

Swain
  • 2006/8/2 22:06

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I guess I need to scroll all the way down and read all the forum before replying. Any idea when you will have it back up?

damaster
  • 2006/8/2 23:33

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

@nekro
Pero si es un culo bueno, has poco mérito a desarrollarlo. y sin embargo me muero de riso... ello... porque hacerlo con éxito tiene mucho mas mérito

- La copia idéntica en la que el copiador no aporta nada, solo contribuye a difundir la idea original, que tambien no es malo!

@PHPGeek

Still Not Working !
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

PHPGeek
  • 2006/8/3 7:23

• PHPGeek

• Just popping in

Its back on now at inovate.org. I will keep it on for while tonight (12:40 right now in WA), but I will have it running tomorrow as well. Message me at Jason in the "Online Now" window. Thanks

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits