magicpro
heavy usage.. overload ?
  • 2006/8/1 6:02

• magicpro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/17

hm.... hi guy... can someone pls tell me why the hosting admin said that my XOOPS website has a heavy usage ?

Resized Image

actually i also don know what is the problem, and the admin had suspened my domain now.

my hoting is :
www.cttsite.com in Malaysia.
my website is:
www.efuss.net

Using
xoops 2.2.3
shoutbox 3.2
and older version cbb (had forgot the version)

So can someone tell me what is the problem ?

I will give more information as u need.

Marco
Re: heavy usage.. overload ?
  • 2006/8/1 6:21

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

hello,

have you set your module wide cache preferences ?
marco
Do synergy or die.

Djiman
  • 2006/8/1 6:47

• Djiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/26

Contact your hosting. That would be the first best-place to start.
Maybe your domain expired or you have limited bandwidth and you have managed to eat all
>>Reseller ran out of resource<< also could be failed to pay on time the fee for hosting package.

- or something else.

Swain
  • 2006/8/1 15:34

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

You probably have a bandwidth restriction that is far too low. We have one at my site, but we have never went over it as it is set very high. I have heard of hosts with restrictions as low as 1 GB. If that is so, find another host. The second thing is to make sure folks are not hot linking to your site. That is to say make sure no one is showing your stuff in frames or directly linking to your site. This can bleed your site of bandwidth. Finally, RSS can be a too edged sword. It is possible too many folks with readers use your site, and all those little pings take some bandwidth too. But I would contact your host and find out exactly what the problem is.

magicpro
  • 2006/8/3 11:42

• magicpro

• Just popping in

the admin just say want me to solve the problem myself. And he say he never know what is the problem that cause the server has heavy usage .

The bandwidth provided by hosting is 50 gb and i just use about 0.0058 gb for now.

keep suspendsjust want to make sure you are receive the problem and try to solve it.
if 
you not reply my emailmean you still don't know the problem or not receive my email.

please sovle your sql usage problem, if found another time, your account will terminated.
thanks.

see ? He want me to solve the sql problem usage or otherwise just suspend my account.

So what can i do now ?

magicpro
  • 2006/8/3 11:48

• magicpro

• Just popping in

Quote:

Marco wrote:
hello,

have you set your module wide cache preferences ?
marco

What does u mean ? I didnt set the cache for cbb and i just set the cache for some module

Dave_L
  • 2006/8/3 12:15

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Turning on module-wide caching and/or block-caching will reduce the number of database queries. Pages that are in the cache will be displayed without having to do any queries.

magicpro
  • 2006/8/4 3:04

• magicpro

• Just popping in

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
Turning on module-wide caching and/or block-caching will reduce the number of database queries. Pages that are in the cache will be displayed without having to do any queries.

so that mean the cache will reduce the queries for much ?

Because my website always not more than 20 ppl surf . But why the sql still have the heave usage ?

Moreover, I had tried to set the cache b4 and this create a lot of file that occupies much of space.

Swain
  • 2006/8/4 3:24

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

Yes, the cache will reduce queries. However, it sounds like to me you just need to find another host. No more bandwidth than you are using, it sounds like their ideas of sql usage are unrealistic. My host has never complained, and at least one of my sites is heavy on sql usage, but it is counted as ordinary bandwidth so there is not a problem.

skenow
  • 2006/8/4 3:31

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Be careful if you allow anonymous posting of comments or in forums - some scripts exploit that once they find it and post repeatedly to build links to their pages. I had my host shut me down because of a form that wasn't secured enough.

Login

Who's Online

115 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 115

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits