eric235u
Greatest Martial Arts Site Known to Man or God
  • 2006/7/31 18:49

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/19

not really. but that's the long term goal. i think the general structure is alright but would like to hear any ideas. also the art kind of sucks, suppose i'll have to speak to an artist one of these days. here it is:
mma.newmag.org

all tips welcome. would especially like to hear from any other xoopsters who have a similar combat sports type site. thanks.

jensclas
Re: Greatest Martial Arts Site Known to Man or God

hi

I like the concept ot the images with your sections and the little 'open to the public' and 'members only' but I think the images are too big for the job they are doing...and since membership is free you need to make that announcement loud and clear. It would be nice to see some content on that front page too...perhaps your headlines or something similar. Keep working at it!

eric235u
  • 2006/7/31 23:17

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

mmmnnn... maybe a block with some content scrolling. i just wanted to keep the front page simple and possible objectional material out of sight. the logged in front page lists all the content with the standard newest and most popular blocks.

okay, say "free" more loudly and show off a little content. thanks!

eric235u
  • 2006/8/9 14:16

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

okay, i've totally changed things around. showing off some of my content like you suggested. i've also added a block telling people about the free membership. the art work will be switching here and there until i can find the right fit. thanks for your suggestions!

jensclas

That looks better - at least more engaging...you might reconsider the black text on red...not easy to see...a light colour text on a dark background or a dark text on a light background is the best way to think of it. See how your bright green 'open to the public' stands out and jumps off the page? the rest of the text is lost in comparison.

Martina22
Post removed by moderator
  • 2006/8/13 8:26

• Martina22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/10

We do not accept spam entries on our comments and threads thank you. Moderator note

kozuch82
  • 2006/8/25 23:49

• kozuch82

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/2 2

This is a very good site!

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits