dream77
template_c
  • 2006/7/24 9:22

• dream77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

Can you delete all the files in this folder, accept the index, and the htacess file. I meen all the ones with strange names like %%%855 and so on. Is that just temp files for XOOPS modules? Does they have any value apart from being temp files to load things faster?

I have XOOPS version 2.13.2

Chappy
Re: template_c
  • 2006/7/24 10:54

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Yes, you can delete them. XOOPS will rebuild them. In fact, this is a central part of the update process. I do it everytime I update or upgrade and often in between. Just don't delete the index or the htaccess file (though I do not have an htaccess file in there [templates_c] nor am I sure why you might choose to have one).
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Herko
  • 2006/7/24 11:00

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

Chappy wrote:
Yes, you can delete them. XOOPS will rebuild them.

They're not 'temporary files', they're compiled templates (the _c stands for compiled). The system will serve these pages as much as possible, which is a lot faster then querying the database, compiling the template, quering the database to get the dynamic data, merging the two and serving it everytime a page is loaded.

Quote:
In fact, this is a central part of the update process. I do it everytime I update or upgrade and often in between. Just don't delete the index or the htaccess file
This is only true when a template is changed or added But in heavy use sites, it can't hurt to have the system recompile the templates every now and again.

Quote:
(though I do not have an htaccess file in there [templates_c] nor am I sure why you might choose to have one).
Because the folder is set to world writable by default perhaps? It's good security adding a .htaccess file determining who can execute the files in that folder...

Herko

dream77
  • 2006/7/24 13:23

• dream77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

now I am confused, can I delete or not, after I have deleted them, shall i rebuild the, and in that case, how do I do that? The reason I ask is because I had this error code

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/stawe269/public_html/xoops/templates_c/%%85^855^8553C845%%db%3Amultimenu_block_01.html.php on line 37

After deleting that, I got a new one from the same place, (the template_c folder.) The pages where all blank so that is why I Deleted them, after that my pages worked.

Would it be better to edit the files that are wrong, and what shall I type? In other words I am confused what to do, please help.

Herko
  • 2006/7/24 14:41

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You can delete them, but the system will rebuild them automagically. And this because it needs them.

Don't edit the code in those pages, as they're generated from templates, so the source of that error could be in the templates. If, after they're regenerated after you removed the files from templates_c, the error is gone, you're good. If the error is still there, you might try reloading the modules (system admin -> modules, click 'update' button behind the module). This'll reinsert the original templates into the database.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

117 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 117

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits