Poslanik
Can't log in
  • 2006/7/20 20:50

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Hi,

I'm getting a strange error. My site is athttp://rv-camp.net and whenever I try to login the site won't let me view anything, just keeps sending me to that welcoming page saying "Welcome username!If the page does not automatically reload, please click here!". Just keeps loading and loading...

That happens in Firefox, in IE when I try to login I get a warning message saying "A runtime error has occured! Line: 26. Error: Object expected. Do you wish to debug?"

My comp crashed 2 weeks ago and till now it wasn't operational. Before that, everything was working fine. I really need help.

I also have another site on another server and that site also has a problem with a PHP script (unique visitor counter, not XOOPS). Thing is these errors happen to others as well, so my comp couldn't be blamed. But as I say, before the crash everything was working fine. Help!

jensclas
Re: Can't log in

Have you browsed the errors and troubleshooting in the FAQ? What did you try? Please let us know a bit more and include you version details as listed in the read before you post below.

Poslanik
Re: Cant log in
  • 2006/7/21 20:05

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

Ok, sorry about that. I have version 2.x and I haven't found a solution in the FAQ.

See for yourself please. Visit the site and input a random username and password. When you click enter, you will login as Admin (strange, since you've inputed bogus username and password). But that won't do you much help since you can't get rid of the welcoming page.

I tried the FAQ but had no luck because I don't know where to start since there are 2 situations, 1 with firefox and the second with IE. I just don't know what to search for. I'd appreciate your help.

jensclas

Quote:
I have version 2.x

2.0.13? 2.0.14? 2.2.3?

what php?, Mysql? Apache? Please use the read before you post link.

Quote:
nput a random username and password. When you click enter, you will login as Admin

I can't login with just any bogus user name or password - get a not user/incorrect password notice - so that bit of your site is safe from abuse...login does require registration. - i was very concerned your site was so open to anyone entering as admin - thats like leaving your front door open to theives!

Poslanik
  • 2006/7/22 19:46

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

Xoops 2.2.x is the version. I don't know which one because that's all that was said on the download page when I was installing it months ago. As to the general server information, here it is:

Operating system Linux
Service Status Click to View
Kernel version 2.4.21-40.ELsmp
Machine Type i686
Apache version 1.3.36 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.0
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
PHP version 4.4.2
MySQL version 4.1.19-standard
cPanel Build 10.8.2-STABLE 120
Theme cPanel X v2.5.0

Bender
  • 2006/7/22 20:07

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

What happens when you break from the loop with a direct link to something (copied before you tried logging in)?
Does it open the page as logged in user?

I just tried to register but it gives me an expired token which is hardly possible since i donĀ“t need more than some seconds to register ... odd ...

Also try to empty (NOT delete) the sessions table just as a wild guess. Check on permissions of cache, and templates_c folders.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Poslanik
  • 2006/7/23 14:47

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

I can explore the site with no problems while logged off (either by pasting a link or by clicking on it in the menu). The problem occurs when I try to log in.

Permissions of cache and templates_c are alright (set to 777).

Ah, here we are! Thanks Bender, emptying the permissions table fixed the problem! Thanks a hundred times!

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits