wizanda
Brand new concept to web dezign with Xoops!
  • 2006/7/20 14:07

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Xoops Forge link using CBB to my site Iframed

We have played around for a bit with concepts for chatting for us all, and guess we sorta fixed it if we use Koivi and CBB or most modules that use Koivi, so far, yet unsure how much we can do...

We still need another server for the chat system for the one you see to have on Xoops.org as well...

wizanda
Re: Brand new concept to web dezign with Xoops!
  • 2006/7/20 16:03

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Why does an Iframe work on here on a preview, yet not on submit, else we could use the chat we have?

wizanda
  • 2006/7/22 6:53

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Chat System on Xoopsforge

Take 2!!

You look, yet you do not see?
You hear, you you do not understand?
So this is a second go.... to show us what we can do....the chat system is small and on my site...Chat with you in mo is what we meant last time, yet this News got posted shortened...so missed the point! it isn't my site, yet the system Lace.... as the module is not in XOOPS yet runs with it....

How else do you tell us, and not the web's CMSsssssss?

We like Zoops or Xoops, we share!
We see others charge, lets not go there...

It's real time, so we can chat straight away, its ajax and PHP and comes for free....

People may find nothing, yet this is easy to see...

The sites are completely empty, as people want to talk as they play!

So if Admin make Iframes then people can't stray, yet we can link the whole web in a single day!

wizanda
  • 2006/7/22 7:29

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Chat system on Smartfactory

come on we don't want our own system over run with Xoopers yet as an example...

So let's get a XOOPS Systems Community Lace set up on a Good server, if I do it, it's not us, yet if we do it....

Quest
  • 2006/7/22 10:21

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Nice idea with the iframe Wizanda. I wish I did have time to chat. I barely have time to_______.

Quest

jdseymour

Quote:

wizanda wrote:
Why does an Iframe work on here on a preview, yet not on submit, else we could use the chat we have?

Because we have HTML code disabled for security reasons.

Quote:

So if Admin make Iframes then people can't stray, yet we can link the whole web in a single day!

This is a reason I (personally) do not like Iframe. My sites have been framed (to me stolen because the visitor does not go to my URL), I have had to search and block several times over the last few years. A module called freecontent has been the usual one used. I am sure there are good uses for it but my (personal) experience has been in the other direction.

Good job and good luck wizanda. Just stating my exerience, your work as usual is very good.

davidl2
  • 2006/7/22 11:54

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

wizanda wrote:
Chat system on Smartfactory

Please don't do this without checking with Marcan first, thanks.

phppp
  • 2006/7/22 12:10

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

iframe is STRONGLY discouraged.

the iframe on xoopsforge.com is for test purpose ONLY.

wizanda
  • 2006/7/22 15:46

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Sorry everyone who got upset at this idea of sticking an Iframe on your sites, mainly my fault…you know what we are like in getting a head of our self’s…
Why we chose Wiz and a from Zanda
So perhaps an explanation is now in order sorry not earlier, some got rude as we noticed in trying to get us to join forces more.
Now the idea is the chat system if you saw it, not the Iframe, yet the fact it registers the IP address from across web sites……think about it!!!!

If we get a central XOOPS chat system, then we can run it on each and every person’s site from one chat for Xoopers, we can then admin it between our self as it runs like clock work so far…
Keeps logs 365 day or time set….
Also it is on Google it self independently….
As usual still need to talk to developer of lace, as they will notice it will get more traffic, from news of its self across our sites.

We can then use XOOPS far more then in real time, and maybe Iframes can look tacky, yet it releases the web from boxes and makes us in real time…

Think all of XOOPS users just add a block, as on my site or any forum; as an example….with one central XOOPS chat real time 5 second delay or so…
Need more people to test in one go, why the demo through system links, of added blocks globally as one!

We think it could work anyways?
Free Xoopers traffic anyone?

We did say we will figure out a chat system…
Well one idea anyways, more to go? as long as we don’t wind people up like we have….?

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits