cjtinkle
Web Links version 1.1
  • 2006/7/8 14:40

• cjtinkle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/8 1

Well I think that's the correct version, that's what is displayed in the Module Administration section.

I have enabled permissions for Web Link in the System Admin/Groups section, so that Webmasters (Me) and Registered users have Module administration rights, but it isn't working. I can add links via the Admin section, but on my website, no "add link" image appears for either myself or registered users. This did work before I upgraded from XOOPS 2.013 to 2.014.

I'm a complete novice at this and have just been using XOOPS for a few weeks to build my website with, I'm just a hobbyist with very little experience.

Hope someone can help, thanks in advance!
CJ

gestroud
Re: Web Links version 1.1
  • 2006/7/8 15:22

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I don't think you really want to give anyone but the webmaster module admin rights.

The way to allow registered users to submit in Web Links is through the Module Configuration 2 Link. It's a pretty long, multi-option page with about 4 sections. The first has to do with who has authority to submit, approve and modify links. That's what you're looking for.

cjtinkle
  • 2006/7/8 15:38

• cjtinkle

• Just popping in

Gestroud,
Where do I find Module Configuration 2 Link? Under the System Admin Modules page, I only have one short page, with installed modules, and modules I can still add.

Where I set the user rights was under System Admin, Groups.. then registered users. I don't know where else to find more options?

Thank you,
CJ

gestroud
  • 2006/7/8 17:34

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Sound like you're using XOOPS 2.0. I think your best bet would be to go into the main module administration area and look for the weblinks icon. Once you find it, click on it and you should be directed to a new page with a list of options.

Also, it looks like you're using mylinks on your site right now. I don't know whether you know it or not, but weblinks allows you to transfer all of the links and comments, etc. into its database so you don't have to do it manually. Look for the "Other Functions" and click on it once you're ready to transfer links.

cjtinkle
  • 2006/7/8 19:54

• cjtinkle

• Just popping in

I am using XOOPS 2.014, I just upgraded it day before yesterday. I think you are correct, it is MyLinks I'm running, I just changed the name. Is weblinks better?

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits