tedsmith
If you own a blogging site, read this please
  • 2006/7/4 20:17

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I'm thinking of creating a new blogging site to document my Victor Meldrew lifestyle!

Naturally I want to use XOOPS for it. I also notice there's a few blogging modules like Wordpress available so it should be a piece of cake.

I just want to see how others have used XOOPS for their bloggs. If you own a blogging site can you put the URL in this thread so I can check it out and steal your ideas, cough cough, I mean, see what modules you've used and how they look, how you've set them up

Cheers

Ted

tedsmith
Re: If you own a blogging site, read this please
  • 2006/7/5 12:13

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

*bump*

guinhill
  • 2006/7/5 13:27

• guinhill

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/5 2

Well, I own a Dutch language site that's mainly a blog, based on Xoops, wordpress module and CBB.
You can find it herehttp://www.jenniferdelano.nl and if you stick a babelfish in your ear ;)

I just spotted that my provider is being its usual self again and my site is "temporary" not available, but I hope that you can visit it when you pass by.

Peekay
  • 2006/7/10 10:20

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I too am new to blogging and just installed Wordpress ME based on reading this quote by everyman in the comments about XPress 2.03:

Quote:
I think I prefer WordPress ME. Each registered user has their own individual blogs.

With XPress, they all have rights over each other's blogs, and can view private blog entries.

To avoid me un-installing ME and installing XPpress (which I suspect will conflict), can anyone confirm this?.

I am still playing with WordPress ME and confess I don't really know what I'm doing, however, there is an 'Authors' block which basically opens a screen of posts by one author - which is in effect their own blog... I suppose. A user certainly cannot edit another's posts, or see private blog entries.

Like tedsmith, I would welcome any tips or links to advice about moderating blogs, what features to allow/dis-allow etc.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

JMorris
  • 2006/7/10 10:52

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I'm using XPress and have had good results with it. By default, the WordPress CSS is not defined, but it can easily be added to your theme. BTW... WordPress Plugins/Widgets/Modules work with XPress.

Here's the url to the MWR Blog.

http://mywebresource.com/modules/wordpress/

Feel free to gain any inspiration you can.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

ghettonet
  • 2006/7/10 13:31

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

i have a couple, both using the excellent wordpress module -http://living-abomination.stufftoread.com andhttp://msi.unusualperson.com

If you need any help, let me know. It can take some tweaking to get everything running smoothly.

Peekay
  • 2006/7/10 15:54

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Gonna have to put my research on hold until I can get an English version of Xpress. XOOPS china is on go-slow for downloads but after much searching I found a mirror site with an earlier version (2.02). I was feeling quite pleased with myself until I installed it and found it was all in Spanish!

The authors block works, but it does appear to me that any registered user can edit another user's posts?. Not being able to read Spanish I guess (hope) that can be disabled?.

Peekay
  • 2006/7/10 17:58

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

WordPress ME is up to version 0.5.0 RC and there's a 0.6 alpha available from the developers site kowa.org. It all seems to work for me (Xoops 2.0.13.2) except I found an undefined index stops the page redirect after comments are posted. I'll try to fix it.

I believe this isn't as advanced as Xpress, but I find it easy enough to understand. Worth a look IMHO.

Peekay
  • 2006/7/11 18:14

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Has anyone got the latest english version of Xpress 2.03? I tried downloading several times from the dev site but it just doesn't happen.

msdana
  • 2006/7/11 20:44

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Peekay,

Send me a PM with your email, I have the English version.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits