WFerguson
Latest Update Info displaying
  • 2006/7/3 2:27

• WFerguson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/1 1

I have an annoying problem with a few modules. Modules such as booklists, dictionary, links and a few others all put the Latest Updated entries from all categories on the opening page. Many of my users get confused by this and dont see understand they can see more by going to category directly.

What do I need to mod to delete this?

You can see what Im talking about athttp://www.hauntedtexasonline.com/modules/booklists/

Thank you very much!

Shine
Re: Latest Update Info displaying
  • 2006/7/3 7:43

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

AS for booklist:
You can modify the specific template of this module. Just uncomment the lines which shows the latest listings on the index.
As for the other mods you are talking about. I don't see any latest/updated listings!

As for your users and not knowing how to browser:
No offence, but the booklistmodule is a very simple module. Categories are shown clearly. And the word 'latest listings' should say enough. If they don't know how to browser to a categorie, how in the world do they browse on the internet at all?
You can add hardcoded (also within the moduletemplate) CATEGORIES:
perhaps then it will be clear to them.

TopKnot
Re: Latest Update Info displaying
  • 2006/7/3 12:54

• TopKnot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/27

My suggestion is to put a "custom block" on your index/home page. In this custom block, explain what your site is all about and give instructions on how to find information they may find helpful. Some people are just lazy and others are just uneducated on the ways of surfing the net. Educate the uneducated with some guidance. The lazy one? Well, they either click their mouse a few extra times or they miss out on information they wanted.

By doing this, your visitors will more fully understand your site and search engines may respond a little better when indexing the content.

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits