Arumbus
Beta Testers needed for High Fantasy Web (xoops) Site
  • 2006/6/24 18:14

• Arumbus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/24

I need some Beta (Alpha) testers for a new Web site.

I am developing a new interactive web site in the Genre of High Fantasy.

This site will have a STRONG theme of artists and writers submitting their work for a number of contests. All stories and art will be set in the same mythical world and will be interrelated to each other.

Think damsels in distress, heroes, villains, demons, swords, magic, Elves, Trolls, Orcs and Dragons. Think Tolkien, Bradley, Brooks & Goodkind. Think EQ, WOW, DAOC.

Though the site will be initially Fiction and art, future gaming (RPG) elements are scheduled to be implemented.

This site will be different to anything out there!

I am looking for Beta testers (ok it will closer to Alpha testers) to provide input and suggestions for current and ongoing development. I am also hoping some of these Beta testers may be interested in being moderators when the site goes live (but this is not required).

Sorry no pay (cash), but I expect our Beta (alpha) testers will have a number of perks once the site goes live. We will talk about what those are in the Beta Tester forum.

I am looking for people that have a true love for High Fantasy… be that art, reading/writing, or Game play. If you have programing knowledge (not to do, but to comment/suggest) this is a nice benefit, but not required. If you are an author or artist, this is a definite benefit.

[size=x-small]Note: This is on a modified version of xoops. I am no programmer and paid to have the modifications done... I am not a XOOPS expert - So I would love some experienced XOOPS administrators/developers as beta testers so they can make suggestions on how to better use the XOOPS platform![/size]

The only “set in stone” requirements are that you:

1) You agree and promise to not divulge (to anyone) what you see or find out about the site until it goes live or you are told it is ok in the Beta testers forum.
2) You will spend some time on the site testing it and provide feedback in the Beta Testers Forum.

Beta (alpha) testing is expected to start sometime next weekend (July 1st) and will continue until the site goes live sometime in August. No specific time commitments are required. Simply do the best you can.

If you are interested please send an email to Arumbus-AT-yahoo.com.

In your email, please briefly tell why you think you would he a good beta tester for this project.

If selected I will reply and let you know - and provide a link to the site.

Please only those that seriously want to help mold a new internet phenomenon should apply. This is going to be fun guys!

Arumbus
Re: Beta Testers needed for High Fantasy Web (xoops) Site
  • 2006/7/9 1:49

• Arumbus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/24

Hi,

I am still looking for some XOOPS savvy beta testers. got Artists, got writers, even got a few programmer types but still no one with XOOPS experience. Think you know your xoops? - great! I would love to see some suggestions from people that know the XOOPS platform!

Thanx,

Speed
Re: Beta Testers needed for High Fantasy Web (xoops) Site
  • 2006/7/9 5:58

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Out of curiousity, will your modifications be made available for general XOOPS use? I'm interested in the interactive fiction functionality you are proposing and wouldn't mind seeing how you have approached it.

Thanks in advance for contributing back to the community!

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits