ChrisCorreia
Installation & setup questions.

Question 1:

My host (Godaddy) has available XOOPS 2.2.4 which they will install. Should I use that version, or should I myself install the latest version available on the XOOPS site (2.0.14-RC1)?

davidl2
Re: This total noob trying install & setup. Ill post questions here, if you are willing to help
  • 2006/6/23 15:26

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I would advise waiting a few days for the release of 2.0.14 - or using 2.0.13.2 ... the current 2.0.14 is an RC version, and has a few minor problems which will be sorted in the full release.

2.2.4 would not be a good choice.

ChrisCorreia
Installation & setup questions.

Thanks, David. I'll wait for the new release and then try an install. I'll post any questions that arise here. The XOOPS folks seem pretty willing to help. I already appreciate it!

jensclas
Re: Installation & setup questions.

Welcome to xoops

While you are waiting go to the documentation site and grab the installation and site admin docs, and browse the installation and beginnners first steps sections of FAQ - this will have you well prepared for the installation! Happy xoopsing

shalommemphi
Re: Installation & setup questions.

I have a godaddy account but haven't myself even tried out the way it accesses it's servers or its ftp ability or even how to set up sql files, But.. since its being asked I will set me up one and get a look at it so if you find any problems, hopefully I can point you in the right direction.
Helping each other with Knowledge

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits