ninja
newbb or CBB?
  • 2006/6/16 21:38

• ninja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/27

I'm u sing XOOPS latest 2.0.14RC1 with Original NewBB and would like to upgrader to a nicer forum, please give me some suggestions.

is there a CBB version that work with XOOPS 2.0.14? i heard it's only for XOOPS 2.3x?

is xoops.org running on 2.0x or 2.3? is this forum CBB?

thanks.

msdana
Re: newbb or CBB?
  • 2006/6/16 21:51

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

You can use the latest version of CBB, which is 3.04. It is compatible with 2.0.x and 2.2.x. Please read the installation instructions when installing/upgrading to this latest version. Make sure that the Frameworks folder is uploaded to your root directory.

I run this version on several sites using 2.0 and 2.2 and haven't seem to have any problems. phppp has been working hard on getting the "kinks" out and has done a great job.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

ninja
  • 2006/6/16 21:54

• ninja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/27

I remember someone has written an article a while back comparing newbb and CBB. He author claimed that CBB is much slower than newBB.

did you notice any different in term of speed when you upgraded to CBB?

msdana
  • 2006/6/16 22:03

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

I'm not sure how long "a while back" is, but phppp is actively working on this module and I can say that with this version, I don't notice any slowness. You may want to read the news articles he has written detailing the progress/change of each version.

As with any module/application/program, you may need to install on a test site to see if it fits your needs. Each server and XOOPS site is different.

As someone mentioned in a post yesterday, and I got quite a laugh from it and I quote

"But CSM is like underwear, Mine fits me perfect but I am sure most of you wouldn't want to wear it :) " Thanks, Gringo The same goes with modules.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Gringo
  • 2006/6/17 1:36

• Gringo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/23

HEHEHE the only time in my life I have been quoted Thanks msdana, this saying sort of fits for almost anything when you think about it.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits