zebraz
xoop's giving me nightmares
  • 2006/6/13 3:07

• zebraz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/25

[1]

i made a pathetic attempt at creating a block.
it didn't give me any error message and nothing was added to the blocks list. so i tried it again. and the result was the same.

i gave up and went to the home page and, to my utter horror, those two 'blocks' are displayed in the main menu. i have no way of removing it.

[2]

when i try to edit block templates, i see no save or submit button; i see only 'view', which neatly takes me to a blank page.

ghettonet
Re: xoop's giving me nightmares
  • 2006/6/13 4:28

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

I don't know about [1], but for [2] - in order to modify your templates, you need to clone them (search for clone templates in the search box, it's pretty painless). This is so you always have a set of templates to fall back on if you screw them up.
The thing about XOOPS is the plethora of settings, just keep playing around with them, you'll get it.

jensclas
Re: xoop's giving me nightmares

Go to the documentation page linked on the left and the find help docs thread below. The first has offcicial documentation including an admin manual. The second has links to other resources including some really valuable contibutions of tutorials etc from other xoopsers...hang in you will get there...once you have a sense of how it all works you will have fun rather than nightmares!

iHackCode
Re: xoops giving me nightmares

can u post the array for the blocks that you have written in xoops_version.php , sometimes its a really small mistake that is overlooked.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

522 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 522

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits