MekDrop
Something unrelated
  • 2006/6/11 19:32

• MekDrop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/14

Because this version is usable more for testing purposes only, I posting news here... :)

Code-Plus is yet another XOOPS fork, based on 2.0.x series. It differs from others forks, with some unique features, and modes how it works... :)

Code-Plus 1.0 alpha features:
Simple urls
Simple urls feature is included now in system core.
Multi-language
All site content can be in different languages. User can translate language files from admin area.
Coppa registration
New Coppa area deal with content for minor or at an age that you specify. This information will be used to filter content to not show to those under age users. Much of this area is configurable.
Build-in AJAX support
Build-in AJAX support allow developers even easier to create new modules, which use AJAX.
Content administration
Is an new way for working with site's content. It's more centralized than bevor: create, edit, update, delete content categories and content (ex. articles)
Media administration
With media administration You can work with site's media. You can also work there with mimetypes.
Modified templates system
Now every module, or script can modify header part of template from any time bevor output. There are some minor changes in templates too.

There are many ideas and some work done which was not included in first public version of Code-Plus. So, more changes will come with next release of Code-Plus.

Now, when you have read all this, you can:
* see working demo
* visit Code-Plus home page
* download Code-Plus 1.0 alpha version

Big thanx goes to all of you for interesting about Code-Plus... :)

alitan
Re: Code-Plus 1.0 alpha version was released!!!
  • 2006/6/11 19:49

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

Great News!
I'll try it as soon as I can.
My Persian Xoops Project:
http://www.MPXP.org

m0nty
  • 2006/6/11 20:18

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

and this has what exactly to do with XOOPS & xoops.org?

it's a different CMS altogether, even though it's a fork of XOOPS 2.0.x

no disrespect to catz, but i don't think this is the place for it.

jdseymour

Moderators, Please discuss the rules for CMS advertising posts on xoops.org (other than ours of course).

jensclas

Thanks for making this move John..I was unsure and everyone i would ask isn't about right now...jen

skalpa
  • 2006/6/11 21:37

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Well, I don't like to disturb others' way to handle their own part, but I'd like to give my 2c here for once.

In general, I don't think xoops.org should be an advertising platform for other products (whether these are forks or not doesn't change anything here IMO). Talking about other similar programs in constructive discussions is OK, but I'll agree with the moderation of free threads like this one.

Now, when it comes to "forks" in particular here's my personal position on the two recent ones:
- I'm thinking of adding a link to the XOOPS Cube site somewhere in the new xoops.org. There are many reasons behind this, one being the will to clarify the situation between these projects that use a similar name, and another being that both our dev team and the japanese one communicate and respect each other, sharing information about security issues that arise, and sharing the vision that open-source projects compete by trying to be the best, not by using filthy tricks like this one.
- I'm far from having this opinion of code-plus. Catzwolf is one person who was given the code of the XOOPS modules 3 years ago: he just took them, made them his own, starting to develop them alone without contributing anything back and putting an end to an age where development of modules meant enhancements to the core. Now he's doing the same with the core itself: his multilang code is phppp's, his LDAP code is pemen's (both XOOPS core devs)... and next to this, the credits file or changelog that were here have been completely removed, replaced with a file just naming him as "Developers". Thus, I don't really appreciate that. He's allowed to do what he wants, but I believe "we" already give him enough already, and that maybe he should find another place for his promotion.

But again, it's just a personal opinion, so I'll accept your decision whatever it is.

skalpa.>
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

davidl2
  • 2006/6/11 23:15

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

We raised this issue here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=47530&forum=41

But it has never been finalised in the XOOPS ettique thing...https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=50043&forum=41

I agree with Skalpa on the Cube link.. that's a very friendly idea ... and as I don't understand code - i can't comment on Catz's useage of others code, but it seems wrong to me on principle.

davidl2
Re: Something unrelated
  • 2006/6/14 22:47

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Does this post cross the line?

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=50471&post_id=223207&#forumpost223207

jensclas

I think the thread itself adressed the issue...leave it be...

davidl2
  • 2006/6/16 7:10

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Agreed for now

Login

Who's Online

319 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 319

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits